- Created by: Nadia Morgaine Ullrich
- Created on: 09-10-13 11:24
- it can be caused by the heart, the veins, capillaries, arteries or a mixture.
- coronary means arteries or veins supplying the heart
- Your risk of developing cardiovascular disease can be increased by poor diet and little exercise, smoking, drinking, genetics
- For exmple, fast foods are bad because they contain high cholsterol and high salt content which raises blood pressure and can lead to atherosclerosis
- smoking also increases the risk because carbon monoxide replaces oxygen in the blood, this causes atherosclerosis and blood clots. furthermore, nicotine stimulatdes adrenaline which raises blood pressure
- Men are more at risk than women, and risk increases with age