- Communication and Entertainment
- Local Area Networks (LAN) - confined to small area, located in single building, cheap to build and run, uses equipment owned by organisation
- Wide Area Network (WAN) - covers a wide area, in different places, expensive to build and run, uses equipment owned by telecommunications companies
- Internet - vast amount of info, access to organisations, lack of central control/censorship, info may not be right
- Data Encryption - process of coding files before they are sent over a network
- Authentication - Username/Password/Digital Signature, phishing - normal email sent but return email is false and linked to criminals.
- Info on web - relevance, accuracy, bias, currency