- Created by: KatRushtonCollier
- Created on: 14-05-18 21:00
- Bacterial Diseases (188.8.131.52)
- In the UK, poultry are vaccinated against Salmonella to control the spread
- Describe the symptoms of Salmonella food poisoning as : fever, abdominal cramps, vomiting and diarrhoea which are caused by the bacteria and the toxins they secrete.
- Salmonella food poisoning ia caused by bacteria that are spread by ingesting contaminated food.
- Gonorrhoea is a sexually transmitted disease that is caused by bacteria.
- Describe the symptoms of Gonorrhoea as: a thick yellow or green discharge from the vagina or penis and pain when urinating
- Gonorrhoea was easily treated with penicillin until many resistant strains of the bacteria appeared.