1. What does Parsons say about our common values & beliefs?
- That we have a genuine commitment to them.
- That they are defined at the age of 18.
- That they are shaped entirely by our own actions.
- That we can adjust them/they are flexible.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why does society need to have Value Consenus?
- We don't need it.
- It acts as a glue to mould us together.
- It ensures all institutions are interdependent.
- To allow fair mobility through careers.
3. Which of these is a type of FORMAL social control?
- Grounding (by Parents)
- Court of Law
- Peer Pressure
4. What is value consensus?
- Where all institutions in society co-operate towards one central goal/value.
- A form of oppression described by Marxists.
- Mutual agreement amongst society about what values to regard as important.
- A type of survey carried out to determine individual's personal values.
5. What is Social Equilibrium?
- Where the number of people in society and the number of crimes match up.
- Where value consensus and the warm bath theory are both in place.
- Where there is balance & harmony amongst Society with regards to socialisation and social control.
- Where there is balance & harmony amongst Society with regards to social classes.