1. How do values/beliefs become institutionalised?
- Via socialisation and social equality.
- Via social order and value consensus.
- Via socialisation and social control.
- Via social solidarity and mechanical solidarity.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What one of these would be classed as "External Motivation"?
- Social Controls
- Social Order
3. Which of these is a type of INFORMAL social control?
- The Police
- Peer Pressure
- Court of Law
4. What does Parsons say about our common values & beliefs?
- That they are defined at the age of 18.
- That we have a genuine commitment to them.
- That we can adjust them/they are flexible.
- That they are shaped entirely by our own actions.
5. Why does society need to have Value Consenus?
- It acts as a glue to mould us together.
- To allow fair mobility through careers.
- It ensures all institutions are interdependent.
- We don't need it.