1. What one of these would be classed as "External Motivation"?
- Social Order
- Social Controls
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How do values/beliefs become institutionalised?
- Via social solidarity and mechanical solidarity.
- Via socialisation and social control.
- Via social order and value consensus.
- Via socialisation and social equality.
3. What is Social Equilibrium?
- Where there is balance & harmony amongst Society with regards to socialisation and social control.
- Where value consensus and the warm bath theory are both in place.
- Where there is balance & harmony amongst Society with regards to social classes.
- Where the number of people in society and the number of crimes match up.
4. Which of these is a type of INFORMAL social control?
- The Police
- Peer Pressure
- Court of Law
5. What does Parsons say about our common values & beliefs?
- That they are defined at the age of 18.
- That they are shaped entirely by our own actions.
- That we have a genuine commitment to them.
- That we can adjust them/they are flexible.