1. What one of these would be classed as "External Motivation"?
- Social Order
- Social Controls
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is value consensus?
- A form of oppression described by Marxists.
- A type of survey carried out to determine individual's personal values.
- Mutual agreement amongst society about what values to regard as important.
- Where all institutions in society co-operate towards one central goal/value.
3. Which of these is a type of FORMAL social control?
- Grounding (by Parents)
- Peer Pressure
- Court of Law
4. What is Social Equilibrium?
- Where there is balance & harmony amongst Society with regards to socialisation and social control.
- Where there is balance & harmony amongst Society with regards to social classes.
- Where the number of people in society and the number of crimes match up.
- Where value consensus and the warm bath theory are both in place.
5. Which of these quotes is attributed to Parsons (relevant to this topic)?
- "The family is like a personality factory."
- "Social equilibrium is at the heart of every society."
- "The family is the only source of socialisation."
- "Institutions are the key to social solidarity."