- Created by: Chalkster160299
- Created on: 10-05-18 23:56
1. In the Strait of Gibraltar there is also a deep flow of water out of the Mediterranean into the Atlantic. If the surface inflow is 4 Sverdrups and salinity 30, and the bottom outflow is 3 Sverdrups, what must be its salinity to maintain a salt balanc
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why is there an inflow of surface water through the Strait of Gibraltar to the Mediterranean Sea?
- It replaces water lost from the Med by evaporation
- It replaces water lost by the Med through a small crack in the sea floor
- It is driven by the prevailing westerly winds
- It replaces water lost from the Med through the Suez canal
3. The energy in ocean waves depends on the wave height. Which of the following statements is true?
- The energy depends on the square root of the wave height
- The energy depends on the logarithm of the wave height
- The energy depends on the square of the wave height
- The energy is proportional to the wave height
4. Waves in shallow water travel at a speed which just depends on what?
- The water depth
- The wave height
- The wave length
- The wave period
5. What is the volume of an iceberg weighing 2 tonnes (2000kg) and with a density of 920 kg/m3 ?
- 2 m3