- Created by: ame.owenn
- Created on: 25-09-18 18:05
1. what is the job of the Phloem
- it moves food substances that the plant has made by photosynthesis to where they are needed.
- it transports vitamins to the plant through the stem so that the plant can flurish
- it moves water throughout the plant
- it is what the plant lives off
1 of 5
Other questions in this quiz
2. what does Xylem look like?
- a tube with swirls around the inside
- a rectangle
- a tube filled with air particles
- a fat square with an empty space
- a line of DNA
3. what is lignin?
- something that lines the xylem vessels, providing strength and support
- a material that makes the Xylem vessel hollow
- a mineral that helps Xylem move
- a chemical taken in from the roots of the plant
4. what is the function of the Xylem
- carries signals to the plant
- transports water up the plant and into the leaves.
- provides food
- transports minerals to the stem
5. What are sieve tubes?
- they are not specialist cells but they are very common and important to the plant
- they are used for absorbing water through the leaves when it rains
- they are used for transport and have no nuclei
- they are important for plant growth