1. Sir Douglas Haig is sometimes known as what?
- The Killer of the Somme
- The Butcher of the Somme
- The Saviour of the Somme
- The Hero of the Somme
1 of 5
Other questions in this quiz
2. How did the people of Belgium defend themselves?
- They flooded the land
- They used their army to outnumber the Germans
- The people attacked the soldiers themselved
3. In which battle was the creeping barrage and objectives used sucessfully?
- The 1st Battle of Versailles
- The Battle of Amiens
- The Battle of the Somme
- The Battle of Verdun
4. Who was the Minister of War?
- Lord Kitchener
- Sir Douglas Haig
- Lord Asquith
5. What was the first thing to 'start' the war?
- France was attacked
- The shooting of the Arch Duke of Austro-Hungary
- The Germans declared it