1. Why has Lockwood come to stay at Thrushcross Grange?
- He is a disant relative of Heathcliff
- He ran away from a relationship
- He needs fresh air after an illness
- He is writing a book about Yorkshire
- He was jilted by a lover
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. What mistakes does Lockwood make about the relationsips of the residents of Wuthering Heights?
- He thinks Zillah is Hareton's mother
- He thinks Cathy and Heathcliff are married
- He thinks Heathcliff is Cathy's father
- He thinks Joseph and Heathcliff are brothers
- He thinks Hareton and Cathy are cousins
3. Which three names does Lockwood find on a windowsill at Wuthering Heights?
- Catherine Earnshaw, Catherine Heathcliff, Catherine Linton
- Catherine, Heathcliff, Edgar
- Isabella Linton, Isabella Earnshaw, Isabella Heathcliff
- Heathcliff, Linton, Earnshaw
- Hareton, Cathy, Joseph
4. Where is Heathcliff found, and by whom?
- Liverpool, by Mr Earnshaw
- Manchester, by Joseph
- Liverpool, by Nelly Dean
- Manchester, by Mr Earnshaw
- York, by Catherine
5. What does Isabella compare Heathcliff to?
- A fortune teller's son
- A chimney sweep
- A wild, rabid dog
- A rat in the cellar
Similar English Literature resources: