1. What does the thawing of Permafrost do to the environment?
- Causes flooding in low land areas
- Releases CO2 & methane
- Kills off vital plant organisms
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is Climate change NOT an example of?
- Significant changes in the weather in at least several decades
- Changes in the weather in one, small localised area
- Increasing average temperature
- Changes over long, medium and short time scales
3. Human activity is causing an increase in the Enhanced Greenhouse Effect
4. What socio-economic impacts does global warming have on the Arctic?
- Conflict over undiscovered oil reserves
- New natural resources
- All listed
- New shipping routes
5. What is Short-term climate change NOT an example of?
- Climate changes that we can only monitor for a short period of time
- Data collected from the last 100 years
- The overall pattern of climate over the last century
Similar Geography resources:
Edexcel AS Geography Unit 1 - Global Challenges (6GE01), Topic 1 (World at Risk), Sections 1 (Global Hazards) and 2 (Global Hazard Trends) Revision