1. What year was the working memory model created?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. who created the episodic buffer?
- Atkinson and Shiffrin
- Hue and Ericsson
- Baddeley and Hitch
3. what is the episodic buffer?
- integrates the two slave systems and allows new STM info to be integrated with LTM
- the 'mind's eye' and 'voice'
- the part of the mind capable of integrating all the slave systems and allocating roles
- the 'mental hands'
4. What is the evidence against the phonological store?
- memory of a list of visually presented numbers was disrupted when audio of nonsense words was played that sounded like numbers
- unfamiliar Chinese symbols could be remembered and recalled later on
- no effect when testing irrelevant sounds and similar sounding words when the lists to be remembered were auditory
- phonetically similar sounding lists were more difficult to remember than phonetically different lists - due to novel episodic memories
5. what was the evidence for the visuospatial sketchpad?
- unfamiliar chinese symbols could be held and remembered later on
- phonetically similar lists of words were more difficult to remember whn phonetically different words due to novel episodic memories
- no effect was found when participants were played auditory sound when trying to remember a list
- participants remembered visually presented numbers while nonsense words were played, this was most effected when nonsense words were like numbers