1. Who's experiment found showed that phonological mediation still occurs?
- Van Outken - less likely if low frequency words
- Van Ostrol - less likely if high frequency words
- Van Orden - less likely if high frequency words
- Vin Diesel - boy got guns
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What do brain-damaged patients tell us about phonological mediation?
- It is not necessary, patients can understand some written words, but not sound pattern
- It is necessary, patients can understand some written words and sound patterns
- Their brains have gone loopy loo so nothing
- It is necessary, patients can understand no written words/sound patterns
3. What is the prediction of Forster's serial search model?
- Don't bother
- Lexicon search for frequency, low frequency easier to find
- Lexicon search for frequency, high frequency easier to find
- Lexicon search for frequency, no frequency easier to find
4. What best describes deep dyslexia?
- Not able to get meaning of the word nor pronunciation
- Able to get meaning of word, but not pronunciation = phenology not needed
- Cnat raed de qaeustoin srroy x
- Phenology needed = able to pronounce, but not understand meaning
5. What goes against the dual route model?
- The argument model (Rabinovich et al, 2015) that's right.
- The triangle model (Plaut et al, 1996)
- The square model (Godfrey et al, 1998)
- The phonological model (Jones et al, 1997)