- When a word determines something in a sentence.
- Adjectives that precede nouns and relate directly to them.
- When one word has multiple meanings.
- Words of one syllable.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. monosyllabic lexis
- phrases acting as a single noun
- long words
- words with one syllable.
- the amount of words in a sentence
- unit of sentencing containing a subject, verb and sometimes an object.
- word that takes the place of a noun
- group of words centred around a head word.
- a word that shows the physical relationship between one thing and another
- him, her, he, she, it, and they..
- this, that, those.
- a word that takes the place of a noun in a sentence, e.g. him, her, it, he, she, I, you, me (selfreflexive pronoun), they.
- I, and the first person plural: we, our, us.
- The end and beginning of a sentence
- The beginning of a sentence
- The end of the sentence.
- The middle of a sentence
Similar English Language resources: