1. Which of these was not a clause of the second Matrimonial Causes Act?
- Men couldn't lock up their wife
- Maintenance could be paid to deserted women if their husband was convicted of assault
- Magistrates can order maintenance to deserted women
- Women get separate legal status
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which one of these was the key term of the first Matrimonial Causes Act?
- Right to maintenance & separation for wives of abusive husbands
- Married woman could inherit/bequeath property
- Separated wife could sue or be sued
- Women get separate legal status from their husbands
3. When was the second Matrimonial Causes Act passed?
4. When was the Divorce and Matrimonial Causes Act passed?
5. When was the first Matrimonial Causes Act passed?