1. Which of these was not a clause of the second Matrimonial Causes Act?
- Magistrates can order maintenance to deserted women
- Women get separate legal status
- Men couldn't lock up their wife
- Maintenance could be paid to deserted women if their husband was convicted of assault
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which one of these was the key term of the first Matrimonial Causes Act?
- Women get separate legal status from their husbands
- Right to maintenance & separation for wives of abusive husbands
- Separated wife could sue or be sued
- Married woman could inherit/bequeath property
3. Which of these was not a term of the first Custody of Children's Act?
- Lord Chancellor had to agree custody
- Mother had to have 'good character'
- Children's welfare would be taken into account when assigning custody
- Right of custody was given to mothers if children were under 7
4. When was the first Custody of Children's Act passed?
5. When, and what was the name of, the test case of the 1884 Act?
- 1891, Jackson case
- 1891, Chorlton vs Lings
- 1895, Jackson
- 1895, Chorlton vs Lings