1. How much, in earnings and personal property, could a women keep after the first Married Women's Property Act?
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. When was the Guardianship of Infants Act passed?
3. When was the first Matrimonial Causes Act passed?
4. Which one of these was the key term of the first Matrimonial Causes Act?
- Married woman could inherit/bequeath property
- Right to maintenance & separation for wives of abusive husbands
- Women get separate legal status from their husbands
- Separated wife could sue or be sued
5. Which of these was not a term of the first Custody of Children's Act?
- Right of custody was given to mothers if children were under 7
- Lord Chancellor had to agree custody
- Children's welfare would be taken into account when assigning custody
- Mother had to have 'good character'