1. What did Witte place emphasis on?
- The production of capital goods (iron, steel etc)
- The need for a strong Tsar
- Grain surplus
- The increase in a business class
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did Witte do regarding peasants?
- Heavily taxed them
- Got rid of their taxes
- Freed them from the Mir
3. What did the growth of towns and cities lead to?
- All of these
- Poor living and working conditions
- Social unrest
- Support for extremism
4. How did Witte intend to fund the industrialisation?
- Introducing grain targets to boost the economic surplus
- Using foreign sponsorship
- Heavily taxing the rich
5. What was Witte's aims?
- To bring Russia out of poverty
- To make the economy stable enough to sustain Russia as a great power
- To ensure that there was no more famines