1. What was Witte's aims?
- To bring Russia out of poverty
- To make the economy stable enough to sustain Russia as a great power
- To ensure that there was no more famines
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did the extra taxation cause?
- Peasant resentment and uprisings
- A boost in the economy
- The class system to equal out
- Anger from the gentry
3. How much of the industrial workforce was employed in the factories by 1900?
- Two thirds
- A quarter of it
- All of it
- Over half
4. How long was the Trans-Siberian railway?
5. What did Witte do regarding peasants?
- Heavily taxed them
- Got rid of their taxes
- Freed them from the Mir