1. What did putting Russia on the gold standard do?
- Devalued the rouble
- Hightened the value of the rouble
- Changed Russian currency
- Crashed the economy
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did the growth of towns and cities lead to?
- Support for extremism
- All of these
- Social unrest
- Poor living and working conditions
3. What two things did Witte do in 1987?
- Put Russia on the gold standard and reduce working hours to 8.25
- Put Russia on the gold standard and reduce working hours to 11.5
- Put Russia on the gold standard and cancell the building of the Trans-Siberian railway
4. How long was the Trans-Siberian railway?
5. How did Witte intend to fund the industrialisation?
- Introducing grain targets to boost the economic surplus
- Using foreign sponsorship
- Heavily taxing the rich