1. What did putting Russia on the gold standard do?
- Crashed the economy
- Devalued the rouble
- Changed Russian currency
- Hightened the value of the rouble
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did Witte place emphasis on?
- The production of capital goods (iron, steel etc)
- Grain surplus
- The increase in a business class
- The need for a strong Tsar
3. What did the Trans-Siberian railway allow?
- The development of Russian influence in the Far East of Asia
- Russia to invade Korea easily
- The tsar to see more of his people
- Mass migration
4. How much of the industrial workforce was employed in the factories by 1900?
- Over half
- All of it
- A quarter of it
- Two thirds
5. What two things did Witte do in 1987?
- Put Russia on the gold standard and cancell the building of the Trans-Siberian railway
- Put Russia on the gold standard and reduce working hours to 8.25
- Put Russia on the gold standard and reduce working hours to 11.5