1. What did the Trans-Siberian railway allow?
- Russia to invade Korea easily
- The tsar to see more of his people
- The development of Russian influence in the Far East of Asia
- Mass migration
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did the growth of towns and cities lead to?
- All of these
- Poor living and working conditions
- Social unrest
- Support for extremism
3. What was Witte's aims?
- To bring Russia out of poverty
- To make the economy stable enough to sustain Russia as a great power
- To ensure that there was no more famines
4. Using the development made, what could Russia now do?
- Ensure that all of its borders were protected
- Exploit the resources of Siberia and improve its military
- Keep tight checks on peasant grain production
- Exploit the land for industrial purposes
5. How long was the Trans-Siberian railway?