1. How did Witte intend to fund the industrialisation?
- Introducing grain targets to boost the economic surplus
- Using foreign sponsorship
- Heavily taxing the rich
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did the Trans-Siberian railway allow?
- Mass migration
- Russia to invade Korea easily
- The development of Russian influence in the Far East of Asia
- The tsar to see more of his people
3. What did the growth of towns and cities lead to?
- Poor living and working conditions
- Social unrest
- All of these
- Support for extremism
4. What did the extra taxation cause?
- Peasant resentment and uprisings
- A boost in the economy
- The class system to equal out
- Anger from the gentry
5. Using the development made, what could Russia now do?
- Exploit the land for industrial purposes
- Keep tight checks on peasant grain production
- Exploit the resources of Siberia and improve its military
- Ensure that all of its borders were protected