1. What two things did Witte do in 1987?
- Put Russia on the gold standard and reduce working hours to 8.25
- Put Russia on the gold standard and reduce working hours to 11.5
- Put Russia on the gold standard and cancell the building of the Trans-Siberian railway
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did the Trans-Siberian railway allow?
- Mass migration
- The development of Russian influence in the Far East of Asia
- The tsar to see more of his people
- Russia to invade Korea easily
3. What did the extra taxation cause?
- Peasant resentment and uprisings
- A boost in the economy
- The class system to equal out
- Anger from the gentry
4. What did putting Russia on the gold standard do?
- Changed Russian currency
- Devalued the rouble
- Hightened the value of the rouble
- Crashed the economy
5. Using the development made, what could Russia now do?
- Exploit the resources of Siberia and improve its military
- Exploit the land for industrial purposes
- Keep tight checks on peasant grain production
- Ensure that all of its borders were protected