1. How did Witte intend to fund the industrialisation?
- Introducing grain targets to boost the economic surplus
- Using foreign sponsorship
- Heavily taxing the rich
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did the Trans-Siberian railway allow?
- Mass migration
- The development of Russian influence in the Far East of Asia
- The tsar to see more of his people
- Russia to invade Korea easily
3. What was Witte's aims?
- To make the economy stable enough to sustain Russia as a great power
- To ensure that there was no more famines
- To bring Russia out of poverty
4. What did Witte place emphasis on?
- The production of capital goods (iron, steel etc)
- The need for a strong Tsar
- Grain surplus
- The increase in a business class
5. What did the devaluation of the rouble do?
- Aided converisons
- Decreased the flow of foreign currency
- Increased the flow of foreign currency
- Crashed the economy