1. What did the Trans-Siberian railway allow?
- Russia to invade Korea easily
- The development of Russian influence in the Far East of Asia
- Mass migration
- The tsar to see more of his people
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. How much of the industrial workforce was employed in the factories by 1900?
- Over half
- All of it
- Two thirds
- A quarter of it
3. What was Witte's aims?
- To make the economy stable enough to sustain Russia as a great power
- To ensure that there was no more famines
- To bring Russia out of poverty
4. How did Witte intend to fund the industrialisation?
- Introducing grain targets to boost the economic surplus
- Using foreign sponsorship
- Heavily taxing the rich
5. How long was the Trans-Siberian railway?