1. What was Witte's aims?
- To bring Russia out of poverty
- To make the economy stable enough to sustain Russia as a great power
- To ensure that there was no more famines
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did the extra taxation cause?
- Peasant resentment and uprisings
- The class system to equal out
- Anger from the gentry
- A boost in the economy
3. What did the growth of towns and cities lead to?
- Poor living and working conditions
- Social unrest
- All of these
- Support for extremism
4. What did Witte place emphasis on?
- The need for a strong Tsar
- Grain surplus
- The production of capital goods (iron, steel etc)
- The increase in a business class
5. What did the devaluation of the rouble do?
- Increased the flow of foreign currency
- Decreased the flow of foreign currency
- Crashed the economy
- Aided converisons