1. What was Witte's aims?
- To make the economy stable enough to sustain Russia as a great power
- To ensure that there was no more famines
- To bring Russia out of poverty
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. How did Witte intend to fund the industrialisation?
- Introducing grain targets to boost the economic surplus
- Using foreign sponsorship
- Heavily taxing the rich
3. What two things did Witte do in 1987?
- Put Russia on the gold standard and cancell the building of the Trans-Siberian railway
- Put Russia on the gold standard and reduce working hours to 8.25
- Put Russia on the gold standard and reduce working hours to 11.5
4. What did the Trans-Siberian railway allow?
- The development of Russian influence in the Far East of Asia
- Russia to invade Korea easily
- The tsar to see more of his people
- Mass migration
5. What did the devaluation of the rouble do?
- Aided converisons
- Increased the flow of foreign currency
- Crashed the economy
- Decreased the flow of foreign currency