1. What two things did Witte do in 1987?
- Put Russia on the gold standard and cancell the building of the Trans-Siberian railway
- Put Russia on the gold standard and reduce working hours to 8.25
- Put Russia on the gold standard and reduce working hours to 11.5
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did Witte do regarding peasants?
- Freed them from the Mir
- Heavily taxed them
- Got rid of their taxes
3. How much of the industrial workforce was employed in the factories by 1900?
- Over half
- Two thirds
- All of it
- A quarter of it
4. What did the devaluation of the rouble do?
- Aided converisons
- Decreased the flow of foreign currency
- Increased the flow of foreign currency
- Crashed the economy
5. What was Witte's aims?
- To bring Russia out of poverty
- To make the economy stable enough to sustain Russia as a great power
- To ensure that there was no more famines