1. When and where was the first Butlin's opened?
- 1936, Skegness
- 1939, Bognor Regis
- 1965, Hull
- 1927, Manchester
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What type of accommodation were old railway stations turned into?
- They were demolished and boarding houses were built
- Camping coaches
- They were demolished and cottages were built
- They were deemed a health hazard so could not be made into any type of accommodation
3. In 1938, what act was passed by the government?
- The Demolishing of Old Railways' Act
- The Paid Holiday's Act
- The Bank Holiday Act
- The Charabanc Act
4. Which of the following was NOT entertainment at the seaside?
- Walking along the pier or promenade
- Open air swimming pools know as Lidos
- Punch and Judy Shows
5. What type of holidays were introduced in the 1930s?
- Going an expedition around America
- Holidays which included 'full board'
- Hiking and cycling holidays
- Clubbing in Ibiza
Similar History resources: