1. What type of accommodation were old railway stations turned into?
- They were demolished and boarding houses were built
- They were deemed a health hazard so could not be made into any type of accommodation
- Camping coaches
- They were demolished and cottages were built
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What type of holidays were introduced in the 1930s?
- Going an expedition around America
- Hiking and cycling holidays
- Clubbing in Ibiza
- Holidays which included 'full board'
3. When and where was the first Butlin's opened?
- 1939, Bognor Regis
- 1965, Hull
- 1936, Skegness
- 1927, Manchester
4. How many people were given one week's holiday by their employers in the 1920s?
- About 500,000
- About 3 million
- About 750,00
- About 1 million
5. Which of the following could you NOT do at a spa town?
- Bathe in water that came directly from the ground
- Go to the theatre
- Golf courses
Similar History resources: