1. How many people were given one week's holiday by their employers in the 1920s?
- About 500,000
- About 1 million
- About 3 million
- About 750,00
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many extra days holiday were provided for workers due to Bank Holidays?
- 7 days
- 6 days
- 15 days
- 3 days
3. When and where was the first Butlin's opened?
- 1927, Manchester
- 1939, Bognor Regis
- 1936, Skegness
- 1965, Hull
4. What type of accommodation were old railway stations turned into?
- They were deemed a health hazard so could not be made into any type of accommodation
- They were demolished and cottages were built
- Camping coaches
- They were demolished and boarding houses were built
5. Which of the following was NOT entertainment at the seaside?
- Walking along the pier or promenade
- Punch and Judy Shows
- Open air swimming pools know as Lidos
Similar History resources: