1. How many people were given one week's holiday by their employers in the 1920s?
- About 3 million
- About 500,000
- About 1 million
- About 750,00
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. In 1938, what act was passed by the government?
- The Demolishing of Old Railways' Act
- The Paid Holiday's Act
- The Bank Holiday Act
- The Charabanc Act
3. What type of accommodation were old railway stations turned into?
- They were deemed a health hazard so could not be made into any type of accommodation
- Camping coaches
- They were demolished and boarding houses were built
- They were demolished and cottages were built
4. How many extra days holiday were provided for workers due to Bank Holidays?
- 7 days
- 3 days
- 6 days
- 15 days
5. Which of the following was NOT entertainment at the seaside?
- Punch and Judy Shows
- Open air swimming pools know as Lidos
- Walking along the pier or promenade
Similar History resources: