1. Which of the following could you NOT do at a spa town?
- Golf courses
- Go to the theatre
- Bathe in water that came directly from the ground
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. In 1938, what act was passed by the government?
- The Charabanc Act
- The Bank Holiday Act
- The Paid Holiday's Act
- The Demolishing of Old Railways' Act
3. When and where was the first Butlin's opened?
- 1939, Bognor Regis
- 1936, Skegness
- 1927, Manchester
- 1965, Hull
4. What type of holidays were introduced in the 1930s?
- Holidays which included 'full board'
- Clubbing in Ibiza
- Hiking and cycling holidays
- Going an expedition around America
5. Which of the following was NOT entertainment at the seaside?
- Walking along the pier or promenade
- Punch and Judy Shows
- Open air swimming pools know as Lidos
Similar History resources: