1. What type of holidays were introduced in the 1930s?
- Going an expedition around America
- Holidays which included 'full board'
- Hiking and cycling holidays
- Clubbing in Ibiza
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following could you NOT do at a spa town?
- Bathe in water that came directly from the ground
- Golf courses
- Go to the theatre
3. How many people were given one week's holiday by their employers in the 1920s?
- About 500,000
- About 1 million
- About 3 million
- About 750,00
4. When and where was the first Butlin's opened?
- 1927, Manchester
- 1936, Skegness
- 1965, Hull
- 1939, Bognor Regis
5. Which of the following was NOT entertainment at the seaside?
- Open air swimming pools know as Lidos
- Punch and Judy Shows
- Walking along the pier or promenade
Similar History resources: