1. Which of the following was NOT entertainment at the seaside?
- Walking along the pier or promenade
- Punch and Judy Shows
- Open air swimming pools know as Lidos
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. When and where was the first Butlin's opened?
- 1936, Skegness
- 1965, Hull
- 1927, Manchester
- 1939, Bognor Regis
3. How many extra days holiday were provided for workers due to Bank Holidays?
- 7 days
- 3 days
- 6 days
- 15 days
4. What type of holidays were introduced in the 1930s?
- Going an expedition around America
- Hiking and cycling holidays
- Clubbing in Ibiza
- Holidays which included 'full board'
5. Which of the following could you NOT do at a spa town?
- Bathe in water that came directly from the ground
- Go to the theatre
- Golf courses
Similar History resources: