1. Rubato is sometimes used in Waltz music. What does it mean?
- A musical phrase that is constantly repeated
- A temporary stop on a particular note
- Speed up or down depending on the feeling of the song
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Where did the Waltz originate from?
- Vienna, Austria
- Paris, France
- Madrid, Spain
- London, England
3. What happens on the first and third step in a Waltz dance?
- On the first, they rise a little on toes and fall back on the third step
- The dancers heads move sharply from left to right
- The pairs feet intertwine
- Hand actions are added, the first being hands lifting up and on the third, falling down
4. What is the time signature in Waltz music?
5. What is the main base pattern in Waltz music?
- A pulse
- Modualtion (moving from one key to another)