1. Which is a correct illustration of his function argument?
- Mental states equal functional states
- A good knife is one that performs its characteristic activity well (cuts), possessing certain virtues (sharpness) enable it to do this.
- Do you even function?
- It is our duty to fulfill our function and be good
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who is a modern supporter of Virtue Ethics?
- Alasdair MacIntyre
- J.L Mackie
- G.E. Moore
3. What fallacy does Aristotle commit in his function argument?
- Slippery Slope
- Fallacy of composition
- Appeal to Authority
- Masked Man Fallacy
4. What, for Aristotle, does a good life consist of?
- Building a virtuous character
5. What is the definition of Eudaimonia?
- A subjective state of "living well and faring well"
- Human Flourishing
- Human Flowering