1. Guess the Aristotle quote
- “It's the action, not the fruit of the action, that's important."
- “Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man.”
- "Human good turns out to be activity of soul in accordance with virtue"
- “Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can't practice any other virtue consistently.”
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What, for Aristotle, does a good life consist of?
- Building a virtuous character
3. Eudaimonia is...
- It is desirable for the sake of other things, eg. weath
- A state of mind
- It is our ‘final end’, and desirable for it's own sake
- Innate and predetermined from birth
4. Which is a correct illustration of his function argument?
- A good knife is one that performs its characteristic activity well (cuts), possessing certain virtues (sharpness) enable it to do this.
- It is our duty to fulfill our function and be good
- Do you even function?
- Mental states equal functional states
5. What is Aristotle's practical wisdom?
- The quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgement; the quality of being wise.
- A theoretical virtue which aims at truth.
- An intellectual virtue, expressed through deliberation and which aims at making good choices.
- Achieving the right end, whatever the means