1. Eudaimonia is...
- It is desirable for the sake of other things, eg. weath
- It is our ‘final end’, and desirable for it's own sake
- Innate and predetermined from birth
- A state of mind
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What, for Aristotle, does a good life consist of?
- Building a virtuous character
3. Which is a correct illustration of his function argument?
- A good knife is one that performs its characteristic activity well (cuts), possessing certain virtues (sharpness) enable it to do this.
- It is our duty to fulfill our function and be good
- Do you even function?
- Mental states equal functional states
4. Virtue Ethics is...
- Agent Centred
- Action Centred
5. What is the doctrine of the mean
- Avoiding excess and deficiency in favor of temperance
- Always be unkind and spiteful
- The value obtained by dividing the sum of several quantities by their number
- Always being mediocre and boring