1. Which is a correct illustration of his function argument?
- Mental states equal functional states
- It is our duty to fulfill our function and be good
- A good knife is one that performs its characteristic activity well (cuts), possessing certain virtues (sharpness) enable it to do this.
- Do you even function?
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Guess the Aristotle quote
- “It's the action, not the fruit of the action, that's important."
- “Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man.”
- "Human good turns out to be activity of soul in accordance with virtue"
- “Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can't practice any other virtue consistently.”
3. Eudaimonia is...
- It is desirable for the sake of other things, eg. weath
- A state of mind
- It is our ‘final end’, and desirable for it's own sake
- Innate and predetermined from birth
4. Who is a modern supporter of Virtue Ethics?
- J.L Mackie
- Alasdair MacIntyre
- G.E. Moore
5. What is Arete?
- Good Life