1. What was the result of the 1834 New Poor Law?
- Poorest in society were thrown into the workhouse
- Benefits were created for the poor
- Wages were increased
- Workers' hours were reduced
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What happened in 1845?
- The Poor Law commission was removed
- The great potato famine
- Population increased
- New medicine was invented
3. When did Charles Darwin write 'Origin of the Species'?
4. What was the result of the 1832 Great Reform Act?
- Increased industrialisation
- Allowed them to vote
- Brought in women's rights
- Created better working conditions
5. When did Queen Victoria marry Prince Albert?