1. Why did Truman vetoe MacArthur's idea?
- He didn't like MacArthur
- He was worried it could start WW3 and only wanted to contain communism, not confront it.
- Didn't want to repeat WW2 and wanted to confront communism more harshly later
- Truman wanted to follow a more aggressive policy
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. What other action of the USA suggested their policy was aggressive?
- Carter doctrine
- Churchil's speech
- Marshall Aid - suggested they were trying to spread capitalist influence
- Berlin Blockade - shouldn't have airlifted in supplies
3. One point of the Kennan telegram
- The USA should be scared of Stalin
- The USA were beating Stalin
- USA must prepare to use force against the USSR
- The USA should give in to communism
4. What suggested the USA weren't following an aggressive policy?
- All of the above
- USA didn't confront USSR about Berlin Blockade
- Didn't confront USSR about takeover of E.Europe
- Accepted division of N. Korea at 38th parallel - didn't continue into North Korea.
5. How many countries were involved in Marshall aid?