1. Why did Truman vetoe MacArthur's idea?
- Didn't want to repeat WW2 and wanted to confront communism more harshly later
- He was worried it could start WW3 and only wanted to contain communism, not confront it.
- Truman wanted to follow a more aggressive policy
- He didn't like MacArthur
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did General MacArthur want to do in the Korean war?
- Continue the war to remove the Chinese communist government
- Proceed past the 8th parallel to remove the communist North Korean gov.
- Proceed past the 38th parallel to remove the communist North Korean gov.
- End the war and allow South Korea to become communist
3. What other action of the USA suggested their policy was aggressive?
- Carter doctrine
- Churchil's speech
- Marshall Aid - suggested they were trying to spread capitalist influence
- Berlin Blockade - shouldn't have airlifted in supplies
4. How many tonnes of supplies were airlifted into Berlin during the blockade?
- Half a million
- 1 million
- 3 million
5. Why did the US become involved in Korea?
- China became communist in 1949 and North Korea invaded the South in 1950
- They wanted China to become communist and the South invaded the North in 1950.
- The USA became communist in 1949 and South Korea invaded the North in 1950
- The USA wanted to gain influence