1. Give the year Marshall Aid was proposed
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. How much was invested in Marshall Aid?
3. Define containment
- Allow communism to spread
- Allowing communism to exist within its current boundaries but to prevent further spread
- Give in to communism
- Prevent further growth and minimise existing influence of communism
4. What other action of the USA suggested their policy was aggressive?
- Marshall Aid - suggested they were trying to spread capitalist influence
- Churchil's speech
- Berlin Blockade - shouldn't have airlifted in supplies
- Carter doctrine
5. Why did Truman vetoe MacArthur's idea?
- Didn't want to repeat WW2 and wanted to confront communism more harshly later
- He didn't like MacArthur
- He was worried it could start WW3 and only wanted to contain communism, not confront it.
- Truman wanted to follow a more aggressive policy