1. What years did the Berlin blockade run from?
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many countries were involved in Marshall aid?
3. Why did Truman vetoe MacArthur's idea?
- Didn't want to repeat WW2 and wanted to confront communism more harshly later
- He was worried it could start WW3 and only wanted to contain communism, not confront it.
- Truman wanted to follow a more aggressive policy
- He didn't like MacArthur
4. Why did the US become involved in Korea?
- The USA became communist in 1949 and South Korea invaded the North in 1950
- The USA wanted to gain influence
- China became communist in 1949 and North Korea invaded the South in 1950
- They wanted China to become communist and the South invaded the North in 1950.
5. What did General MacArthur want to do in the Korean war?
- Proceed past the 38th parallel to remove the communist North Korean gov.
- Continue the war to remove the Chinese communist government
- Proceed past the 8th parallel to remove the communist North Korean gov.
- End the war and allow South Korea to become communist