1. Why did Truman vetoe MacArthur's idea?
- He didn't like MacArthur
- Truman wanted to follow a more aggressive policy
- He was worried it could start WW3 and only wanted to contain communism, not confront it.
- Didn't want to repeat WW2 and wanted to confront communism more harshly later
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. Give the year Marshall Aid was proposed
3. What other action of the USA suggested their policy was aggressive?
- Marshall Aid - suggested they were trying to spread capitalist influence
- Berlin Blockade - shouldn't have airlifted in supplies
- Carter doctrine
- Churchil's speech
4. What did General MacArthur want to do in the Korean war?
- Continue the war to remove the Chinese communist government
- Proceed past the 38th parallel to remove the communist North Korean gov.
- End the war and allow South Korea to become communist
- Proceed past the 8th parallel to remove the communist North Korean gov.
5. One point of the Kennan telegram
- USA must prepare to use force against the USSR
- The USA should give in to communism
- The USA should be scared of Stalin
- The USA were beating Stalin