1. How many tonnes of supplies were airlifted into Berlin during the blockade?
- Half a million
- 1 million
- 3 million
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. What years did the Berlin blockade run from?
3. Define containment
- Allow communism to spread
- Allowing communism to exist within its current boundaries but to prevent further spread
- Give in to communism
- Prevent further growth and minimise existing influence of communism
4. What action of West Germany suggested the USA were following an aggressive policy?
- Started the Berlin Blockade
- They joined the Warsaw pact despite the Yalta agreement
- They joined NATO despite the Potsdam agreement
- They bombed East Germany
5. What other action of the USA suggested their policy was aggressive?
- Carter doctrine
- Churchil's speech
- Marshall Aid - suggested they were trying to spread capitalist influence
- Berlin Blockade - shouldn't have airlifted in supplies