1. The amendment process is comprised of two stages. The first stage is known as the preposal. Amendemnts can only be preposed by...
- The House of Representatives and Congress.
- Congress or National Constitutional Convention.
- Congress only.
- The Executive.
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. The second stage of passing an amendment into law is ratification. For a amendment to pass it must be ratified by how many states?
3. In what year did the US Constitution replaced the Articles of Confederation?
4. For an ammendment to be passed it must gain two "super majoraties" in both houses. What are these majoraties?
- 3/4 majoraty vote in both houses
- 2/3rds majoraty vote in The House, 3/4 in Congress
- 2/3rds majoraty vote in both houses
- 50%+ majoraty vote in both houses
5. The US constitution is Codified, but what does this mean?
- A Constitution that consists of a full and authorative set of rules written down in a single text.
- A Constitution where the fundamental rules often take the form of customs, usage, precedent and a variety of statutes and legal instruments.
- A constitution by which its sources are drawn from many peices of legislature and is unwritten.