1. What is the cause of cohesive forces?
- Disulfide bonds
- Hydrogen bonds
- Ionic bonds
- Root pressure
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. The movement of water from an endodermal cell into the xylem is an active process
3. What is the name of the barrier that blocks water molecules from the apoplast pathway in the endodermis?
- Casparian strip
- Cancerian strip
- Waxous strip
- Running strip
4. Why is water able to move through the cell walls?
- Cell walls have a mesh-like structure
- Cell walls have proteins that carry water molecules
- Cell walls are soluble
- Cell walls have long tubes made for carrying water
5. How does water move from the soil into a root hair cell?
- Down a water potential gradient
- Up a water potential gradient
- Against a water potential gradient