1. Which one of these is NOT evidence for root pressure?
- Root pressure increases with temperature increases
- Tree trunks change in diameter according to the rate of transpiration
- Metabolic inhibitors e.g. cyanide can cause root pressure to cease
- Xylem sap exudes from cut stems of certain plants at certain times
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why is water able to move through the cell walls?
- Cell walls have a mesh-like structure
- Cell walls have proteins that carry water molecules
- Cell walls are soluble
- Cell walls have long tubes made for carrying water
3. Water moves into root hair cells by which process?
- Active Transport
4. What are cell walls made of?
5. Cohesion-tension is much stronger than root pressure