1. The movement of water from an endodermal cell into the xylem is an active process
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Cohesion-tension is much stronger than root pressure
3. Which one of these is NOT evidence for root pressure?
- Root pressure increases with temperature increases
- Xylem sap exudes from cut stems of certain plants at certain times
- Tree trunks change in diameter according to the rate of transpiration
- Metabolic inhibitors e.g. cyanide can cause root pressure to cease
4. What is the name of the barrier that blocks water molecules from the apoplast pathway in the endodermis?
- Casparian strip
- Cancerian strip
- Waxous strip
- Running strip
5. What is the name of the channels that connect the cytoplasm of plant cells?