1. How do water molecules move along the symplastic pathway?
- Down a water potential gradient
- Up a water potential gradient
- Cohesive forces force water along
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is transpiration pull?
- When water is pulled up the xylem as a result of tranpiration
- When water is pushed up the xylem as a result of transpiration
- When water does not move up the xylem
3. What is the name of the barrier that blocks water molecules from the apoplast pathway in the endodermis?
- Casparian strip
- Cancerian strip
- Waxous strip
- Running strip
4. Why is water able to move through the cell walls?
- Cell walls have a mesh-like structure
- Cell walls have proteins that carry water molecules
- Cell walls are soluble
- Cell walls have long tubes made for carrying water
5. At which time of day is the diameter of a tree at its smallest?