1. The symplastic pathway travels through the non-living parts of the plant cells
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the cause of cohesive forces?
- Disulfide bonds
- Root pressure
- Hydrogen bonds
- Ionic bonds
3. What is the purpose of moving water molecules into the sympastic pathway?
- To control whether certain substances enter the xylem
- To stop water loss
- To increase a water potential
4. Why are root hair cells efficient water and ion exchange surfaces?
- They provide a large surface area and thick diffusion pathway
- They provide a large surface area and thin diffusion pathway
- They provide a small surface area and thin diffusion pathway
- They provide a small surface area and thick diffusion pathway
5. Which one of these is NOT evidence for root pressure?
- Root pressure increases with temperature increases
- Tree trunks change in diameter according to the rate of transpiration
- Metabolic inhibitors e.g. cyanide can cause root pressure to cease
- Xylem sap exudes from cut stems of certain plants at certain times