1. Why are liquids and gases poor thermal conductors?
- they have more energy so are therefore less dense and more spread out so it takes a long time to heat
- they are too thin
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. Give an example of a good thermal conductor?
3. Why is the inside of a vacuum flask shiny?
- to reflect all heat emitted by the hot drink inside
- to absorb heat
- to keep the drink hot
4. What is infrared radiation?
- Infrared radiation is a type of electromagnetic wave
- a type of conduction
5. Why is the handle of a kettle plastic?
- cause it stops you burning yourself
- because plastic is a poor conductor so it wont heat up and burn you
- cause its chaep