1. Why is the inside of a vacuum flask shiny?
- to reflect all heat emitted by the hot drink inside
- to absorb heat
- to keep the drink hot
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. Give an example of a good thermal conductor?
3. Why is the handle of a kettle plastic?
- because plastic is a poor conductor so it wont heat up and burn you
- cause its chaep
- cause it stops you burning yourself
4. Why are liquids and gases poor thermal conductors?
- they have more energy so are therefore less dense and more spread out so it takes a long time to heat
- they are too thin
5. What are the differences between a solid and a liquid?
- one is more thin then another
- particles in a solid less energy and are very dense where as liquids take shape of a form they are in.
- a liquid is a melted solid