1. What is obiter dicta
- When a judge or body departs from established case law and exceeds his/her/its authority.
- Statements made by a judge which are not binding but may be persuasive.
- Statements which explain the decision made in a case.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the European Parliament?
- An elected law-making body with a number of legislative functions.
- A group that decides the political direction of the EU.
3. What is the maximum value of a PI claim in the small claims track?
4. What is stare decisis
- Exceed the Judge's authority.
- To stand by decided matters to achieve fairness - later cases with similar facts should be decided in accordance with the earlier cases.
- The reason for the decision.
5. What is the executive?
- The Government.
Similar Law resources: