1. What is the European Parliament?
- An elected law-making body with a number of legislative functions.
- A group that decides the political direction of the EU.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Define ultra vires
- Beyond its/his/her powers.
- The reason for a decision.
- A binding judicial precedent.
3. What value do claims on the fast track have?
- Claims over £10,000 not exceeding £25,000
- Claims over £1,000
- Claims over £25,000 but under £50,000
4. What happens at committee stage?
- The bill is read out.
- The bill is examined in detail by a committee of the whole house or a public bills committee.
- The bill is debated.
5. What is the amendment stage?
- The title of the bill is read.
- Amendments from the House of Lords (or House of Commons depending where the bill originated) are discussed and considered.
- The bill is debated line by line by a committee of MPs
Similar Law resources: