1. Slow-twitch muscle is red in colour due to...
- Many capillaries providing oxygen and glucose for respiration.
- a high ability to store glucose as glycogen
- Being thicker than fast-twitch muscle
- Higher abundance of mitochondria
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. The medulla oblongata increases impulse frequency, via the sympathetic nervous system,to the SAN when..
- Carbon dioxide levels are too high in the blood plasma.
- Blood pressure is too high.
- Carbon dioxide levels are low in the blood plasma.
- The organism is resting.
3. Which bands of the sarcomere decrease in length during contraction?
- I-band and H-zone
- Just the H-zone
- I-band, A-band and H-zone
- I-band and A-band
4. A random movement in response to a non-directional stimulus is known as..
- Positive Feeback
5. Which hormone do beta-cells in the Islets of Langerhans secrete?
Similar Biology resources: