1. What is the role of ATP in the sliding-filament model?
- Allows a cross-bridge to be formed
- Attaches the Myosin Head
- Detaches the Myosin Head
- Causes conformational change to move the tropomyosin
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. The medulla oblongata increases impulse frequency, via the sympathetic nervous system,to the SAN when..
- Carbon dioxide levels are low in the blood plasma.
- The organism is resting.
- Carbon dioxide levels are too high in the blood plasma.
- Blood pressure is too high.
3. An example of negative feedback in the Oestrous Cycle is..
- High levels of Oestrogen stimulating further FSH production.
- Progesterone harshly criticising Oestrogen's hard work on building the uterine lining
- Low levels of Oestrogen inhibiting the production of FSH and LH
- FSH stimulating LH to surge.
4. Which hormone do beta-cells in the Islets of Langerhans secrete?
5. Which bands of the sarcomere decrease in length during contraction?
- I-band and A-band
- I-band and H-zone
- I-band, A-band and H-zone
- Just the H-zone
Similar Biology resources: