1. The medulla oblongata increases impulse frequency, via the sympathetic nervous system,to the SAN when..
- Carbon dioxide levels are too high in the blood plasma.
- Blood pressure is too high.
- Carbon dioxide levels are low in the blood plasma.
- The organism is resting.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. A random movement in response to a non-directional stimulus is known as..
- Positive Feeback
3. An example of negative feedback in the Oestrous Cycle is..
- Progesterone harshly criticising Oestrogen's hard work on building the uterine lining
- Low levels of Oestrogen inhibiting the production of FSH and LH
- High levels of Oestrogen stimulating further FSH production.
- FSH stimulating LH to surge.
4. What ion binds to troponin, causing it to move tropomyosin to expose binding sites?
5. Which bands of the sarcomere decrease in length during contraction?
- Just the H-zone
- I-band, A-band and H-zone
- I-band and H-zone
- I-band and A-band
Similar Biology resources: