1. Slow-twitch muscle is red in colour due to...
- Higher abundance of mitochondria
- a high ability to store glucose as glycogen
- Many capillaries providing oxygen and glucose for respiration.
- Being thicker than fast-twitch muscle
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. An example of negative feedback in the Oestrous Cycle is..
- High levels of Oestrogen stimulating further FSH production.
- Low levels of Oestrogen inhibiting the production of FSH and LH
- FSH stimulating LH to surge.
- Progesterone harshly criticising Oestrogen's hard work on building the uterine lining
3. What ion binds to troponin, causing it to move tropomyosin to expose binding sites?
4. Which bands of the sarcomere decrease in length during contraction?
- Just the H-zone
- I-band, A-band and H-zone
- I-band and H-zone
- I-band and A-band
5. A random movement in response to a non-directional stimulus is known as..
- Positive Feeback
Similar Biology resources: