1. Slow-twitch muscle is red in colour due to...
- a high ability to store glucose as glycogen
- Being thicker than fast-twitch muscle
- Many capillaries providing oxygen and glucose for respiration.
- Higher abundance of mitochondria
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. The thermoregulatory centre is also known as...
- The Pancreas
- The Hypothalamus
- The Medulla Oblongata
- The Pituitary Gland
3. What ion binds to troponin, causing it to move tropomyosin to expose binding sites?
4. Which hormone do beta-cells in the Islets of Langerhans secrete?
5. What is the role of ATP in the sliding-filament model?
- Allows a cross-bridge to be formed
- Attaches the Myosin Head
- Detaches the Myosin Head
- Causes conformational change to move the tropomyosin
Similar Biology resources: