1. Slow-twitch muscle is red in colour due to...
- Many capillaries providing oxygen and glucose for respiration.
- a high ability to store glucose as glycogen
- Being thicker than fast-twitch muscle
- Higher abundance of mitochondria
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. An example of negative feedback in the Oestrous Cycle is..
- Progesterone harshly criticising Oestrogen's hard work on building the uterine lining
- Low levels of Oestrogen inhibiting the production of FSH and LH
- High levels of Oestrogen stimulating further FSH production.
- FSH stimulating LH to surge.
3. What is the role of ATP in the sliding-filament model?
- Causes conformational change to move the tropomyosin
- Detaches the Myosin Head
- Attaches the Myosin Head
- Allows a cross-bridge to be formed
4. Which bands of the sarcomere decrease in length during contraction?
- Just the H-zone
- I-band and H-zone
- I-band and A-band
- I-band, A-band and H-zone
5. The Pacinian Corpuscle has which sodium ion channels?
- Golden Gated
- Voltage Gated
- Stretch Mediated
- Ligand Gated
Similar Biology resources: