1. What has Abbot's Hall Farm done in response to rising sea levels?
- Retreated the Line to allow wetland to develop
- Advanced the Line to increase the farm's capacity
- Held the Line and built farm buildings on stilts to compensate for flooding
- Planted mangroves to reduce flooding
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is coastalisation?
- The movement of people and their industries away from the coast
- The movement of people to cities on the coastline such as Bournemouth
- The movement of people and human activities to coastal areas
- The process by which coasts develop more heavy industry
3. Which of these is not a pressure for development at the Southampton "honeypot" location?
- Sailing and leisure craft
- Nuclear industry development
- Expansion of suburbs and villages
- Industrial development of oil and shipping
4. What percentage of the Dorset employment is in tourism?
5. What is an HVCI?
- A coastal structure that is economically worth protecting
- A Shoreline Management Plan
- A strategy for managed retreat
- A town at risk from erosion
Similar Geography resources: