1. Which of these is not a problem caused by the Fawley Oil Refinery?
- Warm effluent affecting the foodweb and ecosystem
- 50,000 trees and shrubs planted
- June 2010 20 barrels of vacuum gas oil leaked into Southampton Water
- A 1989 oil spill that killed 800 birds
- Salt marsh reduced by the growing refinery
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How much can sea walls cost per metre?
- Over £200,000
- Up to £10,000
- Around £1,500
- Under £5,000
3. How many people work at Fawley?(2016)
4. Which of these species do not live in the Dorset SSSI sand dunes?
- Black Widow Spider
- Ladybird Spider
- Dorset Heath Nightjar
- Marsh Gentian
5. Which of these is not an impact of climate change on Holderness?
- Inundation of salt marshes around Spurn head
- The main railway line and ferry port will flood
- More wave energy removing more material by longshore drift
- A 30cm sea level rise bringing waves closer inshore
Similar Geography resources: