- Created by: PhoebeRose25
- Created on: 26-08-18 11:27
1. what does it mean if the concordance rate for MZ twins is different to DZ twins?
- nature not nurture causes the characteristic
- we do not know what causes the characteristic
- nurture not nature causes the characteristic
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. evaluate applications of twin studies?
- tell if behaviour is due to nature or nurture which can prevent bad things
- tells people what behaviour to look out for in twins
- all of the above
- can help parents with twins know how to treat them
3. what happens in a CAT scan?
- x rays taken of brain from different angles creating slices of the brain to show structure, is imprecisise
- aka magnetic resonance imaging, injects a dye into body to show organs, magnetic field is passed over picking up radio waves, hydrogen atoms give off energy to show brain structure, precise
- injected with radioactive tracer, emits positrons that go to brain where blood and oxygen is needed, shows function of brain
- uses magnets, energy goes to where oxygenated blood is needed, shows function and structure of brain
4. what is dopamine
- neurotransmitter linked to pleasure and addiction, drugs that block dopamine receptors seem to reduce symptoms of schizophrenia
- neurotransmitter that produces attention and triggers flight/fight response, people w/adhd benefit from being prescribed it
- neurotransmitter linked with happiness, drugs which boost serotonin (by stopping reuptake) reduce depression
5. in what year did Gottesman and Shields do their study?
Similar Psychology resources: