1. What is a Bill
- A proposal presented to the House of Commons
- A person
- A pass through
- A famous judge
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the fifth stage of reading a bill?
- Commitee Stage
- First reading
- Report stage
- Second reading
3. What is meant by reversing?
- This is where a higher court departs from the decision of the lower court on appeal.
- this is where the facts of the case are deemed sufficiently different so that the previous case is no longer binding.
- this is where a court higher in the hierarchy departs from a decision made in a lower court. The previous decision is no longer binding
4. What is meant by res judicata?
- reasons for the decision
- once a case has reached its final conclusion it cannot be reopened, even if a later decision in another case has been reached in a different way
- precedent, which a judge is not obliged to follow
- a previous case or legal decision that may be or must be followed in subsequent similar cases
5. What are the 5 advantages of judicial precedent?
- 1.Certainty, 2.Consistency and fairness in the law, 3.Flexibility, 4.Time-saving, 5.Precision
- 1.Certainty,2. Rigidity,3.Illogical distinctions,4.Complexity,5.Time-saving