1. 15) What are the two fundamental principles of ensuring language that we use is fair?
- Appropriate and tactful
- Sensitive and appropriate/relevant
- Awareness and tactfulness
- Sensitive and tactful
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. 17) Allport provides an example of an instance where the impact of labelling is exceedingly powerful what does this involve?
- A man with sight impairment going for a telesales job and being confronted with “but you’re a blind man”
- Black people not being allowed to sit in café’s used specially for white people
- An individual with a disability being told “you can’t swim at this pool we don’t have the facilities”
- A women who is transgender being told she cannot use the female toilets
3. 19) According to Stonewall what percentage of young LGB people said they regularly hear Homophobic phrases such as ‘that’s so gay’ or ‘you’re so gay’?
4. 10) According to Clements and Spinks the main roots of prejudice are?
- Ignorance, Power, Vulnerability, Upbringing and Conformity
- Ignorance, Power, Vulnerability, Upbringing and Majority
- Ignorance, Power, Difference, Inequality and Conformity
- Institutionalisation, Victimisation and Upbringing
5. 18) According to the Office for National statistics how is the population spread in the UK?
- England- 70%, Wales-7%, Scotland-18.5% and Northern Ireland less than 5%
- England- 84%, Wales-5%, Scotland-9.5% and Northern Ireland less than 2%
- England- 84%, Wales-5%, Scotland-8.5% and Northern Ireland less than 3%
- England- 82%, Wales-7%, Scotland-8.5% and Northern Ireland less than 3%