1. What act empowers district councils to make bylaws?
- The Local Government Act 1972
- The Local Government Act 2005
- The Local Government Act 1970
- The Local Government Act 2000
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Give an example of a burden?
- A sanction that affects the carrying out of an unlawful activity
- A financial cost
- Too much debate over
3. Who must approve a bylaw?
- A Secretary of State for the Government
- The Queen
- The Privy Council
4. Name one instance when Orders in Council are used.
- To give effect to European Directives
- When issues concern local people
- When the Queen wants to make a law
- To bring in acts of parlaiment
5. Which house are Statutory Instruments subject to debate?
- House of Commons
- House of Lords