1. Which Costal features does deposition cause?
- Bars, lagoons and wave-cut notches
- Spits, tombolos and beaches
- Headlands, bays and bars
- Beaches, stacks and stumps
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. How is a wave-cut notch formed?
- Weathering of the top of the cliff causes it to collapse
- Weathering weakens the top of the cliff, while the sea widens a fracture in the base of the notch
- The sloped beach is formed by deposition
- The sea attacks the cliff at low tide, forming a cave
3. What are the physical types of weathering?
- Slumping and soil creep
- Onion skin and freeze-thaw
- Vegetation and animals
- Freeze-thaw and chemical weathering
4. What is solution/corrosion?
- A chemical reaction between the rocks and the cliff
- Acids contained within seawater react and dissolve the cliff face
- Wearing away of the cliff as rocks are thrown at it
- Sand picked up by the wind brushes against the cliffs eroding it
5. What is abrasion?
- A chemical reaction between the rocks and the seawater
- When softer rock gets worn away quicker than harder rock
- When waves bring dirt or sand with them, which rubs away the cliff like sandpaper
- When rocks break into each other on the sea floor and produce smaller bits