1. When can addicts detoxify?
- When they are no longer being dealt heroin
- When they are stable
- Anytime they want
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Can you overdose on methadone?
- No- only when taken with other drugs
- Easily which is why it is really dangerous
- It is impossible to overdose on methadone
- Sometimes, depending on your luck
3. Why is there political opposition to methadone programmes?
- Because it might not work
- Because of the many weaknesses of methadone programmes
- Because of the withdrawal symptoms the addict will experience after
- Because of too much government funding
4. How does methadone work?
- It is not associated to heroin
- It reduces the effectiveness of heroin at the synapse
- It replaces heroin at the synapse
- It binds on to heroin at the synapse
5. Why is the methadone slowly reduced?
- To avoid withdrawal symptoms
- There is not enough for everybody
- It is expensive
- So you don't die