- Created by: Jade
- Created on: 01-01-13 22:15
1. _______ is when demand exceeds supply on a given network at a given time period e.g. rush hours, school holidays etc.
- Excess demand
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Road pricing has been introduced in Singapore. In the first year, it saw a ____ fall in peak traffic, a reduction in the number of multiple trips in the charging zone and improved vehicle speeds.
3. Motorists should be charged for the externalities they create - the externalities should be ?
- Taken account of in the marginal private cost
4. ____________ can become a more effective substitute for the private car where the system is reliable, efficient, clean and safe with a high degree of connectivity. True of many urban systems in e.g. France, Germany
- Taxi services
- Public transport
- Private transport
5. What are the problems of road pricing?
- High set up costs of introducing and controlling road pricing, opportunity cost of this, cars - highly price inelastic - substitutes unreliable, displacement of road traffic, external costs to third parties
- High set up costs, opportunity cost of this, cars - highly price elastic, displacement theory, social costs to third parties