1. Road space - as congestion increases, the non-rivalry characteristic has been undermined - because one additional drivers use of the road will further restrict the use of others. Road space is ?
- A quasi-public good
- Private good
- Public good
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. In practice, cars will contain __________ linked to a satellite which will monitor their location and direction.
- Monitoring boxes
- Black boxes
- Silver boxes
3. Motorists should be charged for the externalities they create - the externalities should be ?
- Taken account of in the marginal private cost
4. ____________ can become a more effective substitute for the private car where the system is reliable, efficient, clean and safe with a high degree of connectivity. True of many urban systems in e.g. France, Germany
- Public transport
- Private transport
- Taxi services
5. _______ is when demand exceeds supply on a given network at a given time period e.g. rush hours, school holidays etc.
- Excess demand