1. Animals that do which 2 things need more energy?
- Animals which keep themselves warm and which are very active
- Animals which regulate their body temperature and have a fast metabolism
- Animals which have a fast metabolism and which sleep a lot
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. Large surface-area-to-volume ratio limits what in organisms?
- Heat loss
3. Diffusion alone cannot support larger organisms because...
- the cells lose mitochondria which produce energy fo diffusion
- they have a smaller surface-area-to-volume ratio so the surface area is not large enough to allow enough nutrients to diffuse into the organism
- The pores across which substances diffuse become blocked by new cells from mitosis
4. what happens to oxygen/nutrients which diffuse into multicellular organisms?
- The oxygen/nutrients are used up by the outer layers of cells and so will not reach cells deeper within the body
- The substances diffuse into cells in all layers
- The substances diffuse first in the deeper layers of cells, working their way to the outer layers
- The substances diffuse
5. To allow animals to grow larger they need what?
- A range of systems in the body which support the growth
- Bones and Ligaments
- A range of tissues & structural support to give the body strength
- A large amount of cells to duplicate via mitosis
Similar Biology resources: