1. To allow animals to grow larger they need what?
- A large amount of cells to duplicate via mitosis
- A range of systems in the body which support the growth
- A range of tissues & structural support to give the body strength
- Bones and Ligaments
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. Large surface-area-to-volume ratio limits what in organisms?
- Heat loss
3. When animals grow larger...
- their volume increases but not their surface area
- their cells grow larger
- their surface area and volume increases
- their surface area increases
4. Animals that do which 2 things need more energy?
- Animals which keep themselves warm and which are very active
- Animals which regulate their body temperature and have a fast metabolism
- Animals which have a fast metabolism and which sleep a lot
5. For larger animals, diffusion is...
- the best transport system
- not an efficient system alone as not all of the cells are near their environment
- not an efficient system because it is too slow
- a better transport sytstem as the cells get the nutrients they are lacking in.
Similar Biology resources: