1. Can water, oxygen and carbon dioxide diffuse in and out of cells?
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. 'Pumping' of substances from an area of lower concentration to an are of higher concentration using energy from the cell (opposite to diffusion)
- Active Transport
3. What is it called when a cell needs to move a substance up a concentration gradient? (from low to high)
- Active transport
4. Moving down the concentration gradient is...
- Going from a high concentration to a lower one
- Going from a low concentration to a higher one
5. What is active transport usually used for?
- To move substances into the cell
- To move substances out of the cell