1. What is not an adaptation of a plant to reduce water loss?
- Stomata that let air in
- Waxy cuticle stops water escaping from the epidermis
- Dedidious Plants lose leaves in winter because temp is too low and ground might be frozen so water content needs to be saved
- Stomata are on the underside to reduce direct heating
- Close at night as no gases are needed, due to lack of sunlight
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is not used to make the transpiration stream work ?
- Adhesion using hydrogen bonds between walls of xylem and water
- Activley transporting ions into the stem to lower PSI
- Active transport
- Movement through apoplast or symplast pathway
- Cohesion using hydrogen bonds between the water molecules
- Pressure from the water molecules make sit move up
3. What is not a factor that increases transpiration rate?
- More branching stem
- Water availability
- More leaves
- Number and size or stomata
- Higher temperature
- Wind (Stronger)
- Humidity (Less humid)
4. What do sieve plates not have?
- Pores to allow entry to ions
- Dense cytoplasm
- Is between sieveplates
- Many plasmodesmata between compaion cells to allow comunication
5. What is transpiration?
- Loss of water vapur from ariel ports of a plantdue to evaporation
- Movement of a stream of water from the highest point of a mountain to the sea