1. Which method does water used to move betwen plant cells?
- Active transport
- Facilitated Diffusion
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is translocation?
- Energy requiring process from the movement of assimilates especially sucrose from sources to sinks
- Loss of water vapur from ariel ports of a plantdue to evaporation
3. What is the water proof casparian strip made out of?
4. What is not an adaptation of a plant to reduce water loss?
- Stomata that let air in
- Close at night as no gases are needed, due to lack of sunlight
- Dedidious Plants lose leaves in winter because temp is too low and ground might be frozen so water content needs to be saved
- Waxy cuticle stops water escaping from the epidermis
- Stomata are on the underside to reduce direct heating
5. What is not a factor that increases transpiration rate?
- Higher temperature
- Water availability
- Humidity (Less humid)
- Number and size or stomata
- More leaves
- More branching stem
- Wind (Stronger)