1. What is not an adaptation of a sieve tube element?
- No nucleus, tonoplast or ribosomes
- Near a companion cell
- End walls break down to form a continnuous pipe
- Contain very little cytoplasm
- Sieve plates at intervals
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. What should you not do when using a potometer?
- Don't leave it for a while before counting the bubble
- Cut shoot underwater
- Cut at slant
- Avoid all trapped air
3. What is the water proof casparian strip made out of?
4. Which method does water used to move betwen plant cells?
- Facilitated Diffusion
- Active transport
5. What is not an adaptation of a plant to reduce water loss?
- Dedidious Plants lose leaves in winter because temp is too low and ground might be frozen so water content needs to be saved
- Close at night as no gases are needed, due to lack of sunlight
- Waxy cuticle stops water escaping from the epidermis
- Stomata that let air in
- Stomata are on the underside to reduce direct heating