1. What is not an adaptation of a plant to reduce water loss?
- Close at night as no gases are needed, due to lack of sunlight
- Dedidious Plants lose leaves in winter because temp is too low and ground might be frozen so water content needs to be saved
- Stomata that let air in
- Waxy cuticle stops water escaping from the epidermis
- Stomata are on the underside to reduce direct heating
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. The apoplast pathway goes through..?
- The cell walls
- Plasmodesmata in the cytoplasm
3. What should you not do when using a potometer?
- Cut at slant
- Don't leave it for a while before counting the bubble
- Cut shoot underwater
- Avoid all trapped air
4. What do sieve plates not have?
- Many plasmodesmata between compaion cells to allow comunication
- Pores to allow entry to ions
- Is between sieveplates
- Dense cytoplasm
5. What is translocation?
- Energy requiring process from the movement of assimilates especially sucrose from sources to sinks
- Loss of water vapur from ariel ports of a plantdue to evaporation