1. What is evidence for translocation?
- Sieve plates roles are unclear
- If a metabolic poision is usedtranslocation is stopped
- Not all solutes in phlowm move at the same rate
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. What do sieve plates not have?
- Is between sieveplates
- Pores to allow entry to ions
- Dense cytoplasm
- Many plasmodesmata between compaion cells to allow comunication
3. What is not an adaptation of a sieve tube element?
- End walls break down to form a continnuous pipe
- Near a companion cell
- Contain very little cytoplasm
- No nucleus, tonoplast or ribosomes
- Sieve plates at intervals
4. What is the water proof casparian strip made out of?
5. What is not a factor that increases transpiration rate?
- Higher temperature
- Humidity (Less humid)
- Number and size or stomata
- More branching stem
- Water availability
- More leaves
- Wind (Stronger)