1. What is not an adaptation of a plant to reduce water loss?
- Close at night as no gases are needed, due to lack of sunlight
- Dedidious Plants lose leaves in winter because temp is too low and ground might be frozen so water content needs to be saved
- Stomata that let air in
- Waxy cuticle stops water escaping from the epidermis
- Stomata are on the underside to reduce direct heating
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is evidence for translocation?
- If a metabolic poision is usedtranslocation is stopped
- Not all solutes in phlowm move at the same rate
- Sieve plates roles are unclear
3. The apoplast pathway goes through..?
- The cell walls
- Plasmodesmata in the cytoplasm
4. Where is the xylem usually found in the stem?
- Nearest the pith
- Nearest the parenchyma
- In between two major vessels
5. What is not a factor that increases transpiration rate?
- Humidity (Less humid)
- Water availability
- Wind (Stronger)
- More branching stem
- Number and size or stomata
- More leaves
- Higher temperature