1. What is not used to make the transpiration stream work ?
- Active transport
- Adhesion using hydrogen bonds between walls of xylem and water
- Pressure from the water molecules make sit move up
- Movement through apoplast or symplast pathway
- Activley transporting ions into the stem to lower PSI
- Cohesion using hydrogen bonds between the water molecules
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why do plants have transport systems?
- Large SA:V
- To send leafmail to each other
- Large and multicellular
- Impatient and Rash
3. The apoplast pathway goes through..?
- The cell walls
- Plasmodesmata in the cytoplasm
4. What is evidence for translocation?
- Sieve plates roles are unclear
- If a metabolic poision is usedtranslocation is stopped
- Not all solutes in phlowm move at the same rate
5. What do sieve plates not have?
- Many plasmodesmata between compaion cells to allow comunication
- Pores to allow entry to ions
- Is between sieveplates
- Dense cytoplasm