1. What is not an adaptation of a plant to reduce water loss?
- Close at night as no gases are needed, due to lack of sunlight
- Waxy cuticle stops water escaping from the epidermis
- Stomata that let air in
- Stomata are on the underside to reduce direct heating
- Dedidious Plants lose leaves in winter because temp is too low and ground might be frozen so water content needs to be saved
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why do plants have transport systems?
- Large and multicellular
- Impatient and Rash
- Large SA:V
- To send leafmail to each other
3. What is evidence for translocation?
- Sieve plates roles are unclear
- If a metabolic poision is usedtranslocation is stopped
- Not all solutes in phlowm move at the same rate
4. Which method does water used to move betwen plant cells?
- Active transport
- Facilitated Diffusion
5. What is transpiration?
- Loss of water vapur from ariel ports of a plantdue to evaporation
- Movement of a stream of water from the highest point of a mountain to the sea