1. What is the water proof casparian strip made out of?
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. What should you not do when using a potometer?
- Avoid all trapped air
- Don't leave it for a while before counting the bubble
- Cut at slant
- Cut shoot underwater
3. What is not an adaptation of a xerophyte?
- Hinge cells
- Thick waxy cuticle
- Smaller leaves
- Stomata in Pits
- No stomata
- Densley packed spongey mesophyll
- Hairs on surface of leaf to trap moist air
- Closing stomata
4. What is not an adaptation of a plant to reduce water loss?
- Stomata that let air in
- Close at night as no gases are needed, due to lack of sunlight
- Waxy cuticle stops water escaping from the epidermis
- Stomata are on the underside to reduce direct heating
- Dedidious Plants lose leaves in winter because temp is too low and ground might be frozen so water content needs to be saved
5. What is translocation?
- Energy requiring process from the movement of assimilates especially sucrose from sources to sinks
- Loss of water vapur from ariel ports of a plantdue to evaporation