1. What happens during the thermal decomposition of a transition metal?
- Metal and acid are produced
- Metal oxide and carbon dioxide are produced
- Metal carbonate and carbon dioxide are produced
- Metal hydrocarbonate and water are produced
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What properties do transition elements often have?
- They are coloured
- They burn easily
- They all have a smell
- They are all solid at room temperature
3. What do the metal hydroxide reactions form?
- Carbon dioxide and water
4. What colour do Fe2+ ions turn with the addition of sodium hydroxide?
5. What can transition elements sometimes be used for?
- Fats and oils
- Metal replacements