Skip to content
Back to quiz
6. A method of external training is .....
- Day release from work to attend college
- Working at a slower pace until necessary skills are learnt
- Working with new machinery or equipment
7. Training is important for ...
- Only the cleaners
- New and Existing employees
- Only the bosses
8. A disadvantage of in-house training is .....
- Training can include all the skills needed and 'how it is done here'
- An employee may not be good at demonstrating or explaining to a new recruit
- New employee gets to meet colleagues and settles quickly
9. A disadvantage of off-the-job training is ....
- Trainees are not learning to work as part of the team they will eventually be part of
- Trainees can learn the correct method, make mistakes and practise without affecting the quality of goods or services
- There is less pressure to learn quickly which should reduce mistakes
10. Off-the-job training is ....
- Training that takes employees away from their normal workplace
- Training when not at work
- Training for another job
11. Advantages of off-the-job training
- While being trained the employee is not productive
- Experts can be used
- Travel costs can make it expensive