1. Which metal ion does EDTA tend to form a ligand with?
- Ca2+, Pb2+
- Fe3+, Al3+
- Cu2+, Hg2+
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these elements are essential elements?
- Cu, I, Fe
- Se, Cr, Mn
- Molybdenum, Iodinine, Lithum
3. Which of these non metals is showing the wrong info?
- sulphur forms hydroxyl radical which causes cough/tears. caused industrial pollution
- Sulphur forms H2S blocks enzymes containing heavy metal ion,
- Carbon which forms CO,HCN, KCN inhibits the ctochrome oxidase by binding to FE2+
- Nitrogen forms NO2- forms nitrosamines, causes oxidation of iron in heamoglobin, carcinoginc. Formation inhited by vit C and E
4. Which of these metal toxication statement is correct?
- Ba- can lead to hear failure. BaSO4 used in xrays
- Cu accumalates in brain, liver, kidney. Cirrohosis, loss of coordination, mental disorders.
- Mercury is an Irreversible inhibtor cathelochomines. Enzymes dependant on selenium
- Be blocks enzymes that utilise Mg2+ and can damage skin/lungs
- Cadmium has (cumulative phenomenon) and accumalates in kidney and liver irreversible replacing Zn
- Mercury can be treated through Dialysis
- Cu causes inherited defect in ceruloplasmin synthesis. Results in poor Fe2+ absorption(radicals can then form fenton)
5. Which of these is the elimination of the products from the body?
- Sweat, air
- Urine, Bile
- Diet, air