1. Which of these statements is incorrect about alcohol intoxication?
- Ethyleneglycol - which is used for antifreezing/sweet taste.
- Methanol causes metabolic acidosis and brain damage
- Glycolic acid causes causes renal failure and oxalic acid metabolic acidosis
- 90% of ethanol is oxidised in the liver by alcohol dehydrogenase
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which coordinate ion does BAL not prefer to form a ligand with?
- Fe3+, Al3+, Ca2+
- Hg2+,As3+, Sb3+
- ,As3+, Sb3+ Ni2+
3. Which of these elements resemble K+?
- Mn (EE) increased excitability of CNS
- Ti - degeneration of all cell types, including neuronal damage
- Se (and essential element) causes blocking of dehydrogenases
- As (AsH3 or As2O3) binds to S-H in enzymes
4. Which of these metal toxication statement is correct?
- Mercury is an Irreversible inhibtor cathelochomines. Enzymes dependant on selenium
- Mercury can be treated through Dialysis
- Cadmium has (cumulative phenomenon) and accumalates in kidney and liver irreversible replacing Zn
- Ba- can lead to hear failure. BaSO4 used in xrays
- Cu causes inherited defect in ceruloplasmin synthesis. Results in poor Fe2+ absorption(radicals can then form fenton)
- Be blocks enzymes that utilise Mg2+ and can damage skin/lungs
- Cu accumalates in brain, liver, kidney. Cirrohosis, loss of coordination, mental disorders.
5. Which metal ion does EDTA tend to form a ligand with?
- Ca2+, Pb2+
- Fe3+, Al3+
- Cu2+, Hg2+