1. Which of these is the elimination of the products from the body?
- Sweat, air
- Diet, air
- Urine, Bile
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which metal ion does EDTA tend to form a ligand with?
- Ca2+, Pb2+
- Fe3+, Al3+
- Cu2+, Hg2+
3. Which of these statements is incorrect about alcohol intoxication?
- 90% of ethanol is oxidised in the liver by alcohol dehydrogenase
- Ethyleneglycol - which is used for antifreezing/sweet taste.
- Glycolic acid causes causes renal failure and oxalic acid metabolic acidosis
- Methanol causes metabolic acidosis and brain damage
4. Which coordinate ion does BAL not prefer to form a ligand with?
- ,As3+, Sb3+ Ni2+
- Fe3+, Al3+, Ca2+
- Hg2+,As3+, Sb3+
5. Which of these is incorrect about Lead?
- Pathophysiology: strong interaction with SH groups, replacing other transition metals, decrease in red blood cells viability
- Symptoms: abdominal pain, nausea, motor nerve dysfunction
- treatment: removing chelating agents by adding antagnoists eg.ZN, Fe, Ca
- Sources:Food, tap water from pb pipes, feul