1. Which of these non metals is showing the wrong info?
- Sulphur forms H2S blocks enzymes containing heavy metal ion,
- sulphur forms hydroxyl radical which causes cough/tears. caused industrial pollution
- Nitrogen forms NO2- forms nitrosamines, causes oxidation of iron in heamoglobin, carcinoginc. Formation inhited by vit C and E
- Carbon which forms CO,HCN, KCN inhibits the ctochrome oxidase by binding to FE2+
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which metal ion does EDTA tend to form a ligand with?
- Ca2+, Pb2+
- Fe3+, Al3+
- Cu2+, Hg2+
3. Which coordinate ion does BAL not prefer to form a ligand with?
- ,As3+, Sb3+ Ni2+
- Fe3+, Al3+, Ca2+
- Hg2+,As3+, Sb3+
4. Which of these is the elimination of the products from the body?
- Urine, Bile
- Diet, air
- Sweat, air
5. Which of these elements resemble K+?
- Se (and essential element) causes blocking of dehydrogenases
- Ti - degeneration of all cell types, including neuronal damage
- As (AsH3 or As2O3) binds to S-H in enzymes
- Mn (EE) increased excitability of CNS