1. What is the butler model?
- The art of training to become a butter dealer
- Butler developed a model which shows how any tourist resort may grow.
- The hierarchy of what it takes to become the best butler in Buckinghamshire.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is consolidation?
- the area continues to attract tourists. The growth in tourist numbers may not be a fast as before. Some tensions develop between the host and the tourists.
- When you console someone and have a heart to heart conversation.
- Butler developed a model which shows how any tourist resort may grow. A resort may start off from being a small, low key, destination. He suggests that all resorts go through the same sort of process.
3. What is rejuvenation?
- If the resort doesn't go into rejuvenation, it goes into decline. Here jobs are lost and the area's image suffers.
- Investment and modernisation may occur which leads to the area being improved. The visitor numbers may increase.
- A celebration of the nation.
4. What is mass tourism?
- Mass tourism is a form of tourism that involves tens of thousands of people going to the same resort often at the same time of year. It is the most popular form of tourism as it is often the cheapest way to holiday, and is often sold as a PACKAGE DEA
- Mass study of when you tour the isms, such as romanticism, which is a term denoting an era of Western classical music that began in the late 18th or early 19th century.
5. What is development?
- the host country starts to develop and advertise the area. The area becomes recognised as a tourist destination.
- When things change.
- When your understanding of geography develops.