1. What is consolidation?
- the area continues to attract tourists. The growth in tourist numbers may not be a fast as before. Some tensions develop between the host and the tourists.
- When you console someone and have a heart to heart conversation.
- Butler developed a model which shows how any tourist resort may grow. A resort may start off from being a small, low key, destination. He suggests that all resorts go through the same sort of process.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is exploration?
- a small number of tourists visit the area. The area is unspoilt and few tourist facilities exist.
- When you explore the jungle or other places outside your home town.
- The act of searching for discovery and harmony within one's self.
3. What is tourism?
- The commercial organization and operation of holidays and visits to places of interest.
- When you tour the isms, such as romanticism, which is a term denoting an era of Western classical music that began in the late 18th or early 19th century.
4. What is the butler model?
- Butler developed a model which shows how any tourist resort may grow.
- The hierarchy of what it takes to become the best butler in Buckinghamshire.
- The art of training to become a butter dealer
5. What is rejuvenation?
- If the resort doesn't go into rejuvenation, it goes into decline. Here jobs are lost and the area's image suffers.
- Investment and modernisation may occur which leads to the area being improved. The visitor numbers may increase.
- A celebration of the nation.