1. Which formulae type is this: "A zig-zag line where every bend and end is a carbon atom"
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. Chlorine undergoes ___(a)___ fission under __(b)__ to begin a ______(c)______ reaction
- (a)Homolytic (b) Sunlight and warm conditions (c) Nucleophilic substitution
- (a) Homolytic (b) UV light (c) Free radical substitution
- (a) Heterolytic (b)UV light (c) Free radical substitution
- (a) Heterolytic (b) Acid conditions (c) Electrophlic substitution
3. What are some of the issues with bioethanol and biodisel?
- It is not as close to carbon neutral as some fossil fuels such as coal
- Engines will have to be drastically remodeled to run it
- It uses large areas of land and has substantial costs in processing and manufacture
- It is non renewable
4. The C=C double bond is....
- ... not quite twice as strong as the C-C bond, due to the presence of the pi bond
- ... more than twice as strong as the C-C bond due to the electron-dense sigma bond
- ...made of 2 pi bonds, overlapping end-on
- ....made of p-orbitals that overlap sideways to form a sigma bond, split in electron density above and below the nuclei plane
5. Why is 2-Bromopropane the major product of the reaction of propene and HBr?
- Because the intermediary carbocation is more stable (the charge is spread over more atoms)
- There is less steric hinderance for the reaction compared to 1-Bromopropane
- The H will attack where there are fewer H's already
- It is not, the products are equally likely as propene is symmetrical