1. What reagent is used to convert a primary alcohol to a chloroalkane?
- KCl and H2SO4
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the product of a halogenalkane reacting with KOH under ethanolic conditions?
- A salt and water
- An alcohol and KX (subsitution)
- An alkene, water and KX (elimination)
- An alcohol with a halogen group (addition)
3. Propan-2-ol and Propan-1-ol are ____ isomers
- Functional group
4. What is the C=C bond attacked by in addition reactions?
- An electrophile, such as H (d+)
- A nucleophile, such as Cl (d-)
- A base, such as OH-
- A nucleophile such as H (d+)
5. Momomers are...
- Alkenes with only one C=C double bond
- The alkenes that form a polymer
- The singular repeat units that form a polymer (after the double bond has been broken)
- Alkanes that form polymers by addition reactions