1. Propan-2-ol and Propan-1-ol are ____ isomers
- Functional group
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. What will form from the strong reflux of a primary alcohol with potassium dichromate(VI)?
- Nothing - it will remain an alcohol and potassium dichromate will stay orange
- A carboxylic acid
- An aldehyde
- A ketone
3. Why does But-1-ene not exhibit steroisomerism ?
- It has the same group (two H's) attatched to one carbon in the C=C bond
- It exhibits E/Z but not Cis/Trans due to the varying groups attached to the C=Cs
- Because it is a functional group isomer of But-2-ene
- Because it has different groups attached to the central C=C
4. Which formulae type is this: "A zig-zag line where every bend and end is a carbon atom"
5. What is the catalyst for the hydration of ethene into ethanol?
- Potassium (VIII) manganate
- Phosphoric acid