1. Chlorine undergoes ___(a)___ fission under __(b)__ to begin a ______(c)______ reaction
- (a)Homolytic (b) Sunlight and warm conditions (c) Nucleophilic substitution
- (a) Heterolytic (b) Acid conditions (c) Electrophlic substitution
- (a) Homolytic (b) UV light (c) Free radical substitution
- (a) Heterolytic (b)UV light (c) Free radical substitution
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the product of a halogenalkane reacting with KOH under ethanolic conditions?
- An alcohol with a halogen group (addition)
- An alkene, water and KX (elimination)
- An alcohol and KX (subsitution)
- A salt and water
3. What is the catalyst for the hydration of ethene into ethanol?
- Phosphoric acid
- Potassium (VIII) manganate
4. Is C2F4 (a) An organic compound? (b) A Hydrocarbon? (c) Saturated?
- (a) Yes. It contains mainly carbon (b) No, it contains flourine (c) No, It has a double bond
- (a) No, It contains flourine (b) No, there is no hydrogen (c) Yes, it has the full number atoms bonded to each C
- (a) Yes because it has Cs (b) Yes because it is organic (c) No because the carbons can have 2 more atoms bonded
- (a) No, it has a halogen and no hydrogen (b) No, it doesn't contain H and Cs only (c) Yes, carbon can only make 4 bonds
5. What will form from the strong reflux of a primary alcohol with potassium dichromate(VI)?
- Nothing - it will remain an alcohol and potassium dichromate will stay orange
- A ketone
- A carboxylic acid
- An aldehyde