1. Which formulae type is this: "A zig-zag line where every bend and end is a carbon atom"
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a functional group?
- The columns of the periodic table
- A group of atoms or an atom which give a compound distinctive properties
- A family of molecules that all have a homologous series attatched
- The -COOH in an alcohol , for example
3. Which of these halogenalkanes would form a precipitate first when aqeous silver nitrate is added?
4. Propan-2-ol and Propan-1-ol are ____ isomers
- Functional group
5. Why is 2-Bromopropane the major product of the reaction of propene and HBr?
- It is not, the products are equally likely as propene is symmetrical
- There is less steric hinderance for the reaction compared to 1-Bromopropane
- Because the intermediary carbocation is more stable (the charge is spread over more atoms)
- The H will attack where there are fewer H's already