1. Which of these halogenalkanes would form a precipitate first when aqeous silver nitrate is added?
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. Is C2F4 (a) An organic compound? (b) A Hydrocarbon? (c) Saturated?
- (a) Yes because it has Cs (b) Yes because it is organic (c) No because the carbons can have 2 more atoms bonded
- (a) Yes. It contains mainly carbon (b) No, it contains flourine (c) No, It has a double bond
- (a) No, It contains flourine (b) No, there is no hydrogen (c) Yes, it has the full number atoms bonded to each C
- (a) No, it has a halogen and no hydrogen (b) No, it doesn't contain H and Cs only (c) Yes, carbon can only make 4 bonds
3. What is the C=C bond attacked by in addition reactions?
- A base, such as OH-
- A nucleophile such as H (d+)
- An electrophile, such as H (d+)
- A nucleophile, such as Cl (d-)
4. Which formulae type is this: "A zig-zag line where every bend and end is a carbon atom"
5. What is the catalyst for the hydration of ethene into ethanol?
- Potassium (VIII) manganate
- Phosphoric acid