1. What does Mg form on reaction with steam?
- It doesn't react as it is the least reactive of the group.
- MgOH + H2
- MgO (s) + H2 (g)
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following reactions could happen?
- I2 + MgF2 --> F2 + MgI2
- At2 + 2Cl- --> 2At- + Cl2
- Cl2 + 2NaBr --> 2NaCl + Br2
- Br2 + 2KCl --> 2KBr + Cl2
3. What is the trend in solubility of the sulfates and hydroxides?
- They are more soluble down the group
- They are less soluble down the group
- Sulfates decreases down the group ; hydroxides increases
- Hydroxides decreases down the group, Sulfates increases
4. What is disproportionation?
- When one atom both gains and looses electrons in a reaction
- When one element undergoes both reduction and oxidation in a reaction at the same time
- A property of halides which decreases in ability down the group
- The action of a powerful reducing agent
5. What is the main interaction that determines the boiling point of the halogens?
- London forces between molecules
- Hydrogen bonds between molecules
- Covalent bonds within molecules
- Permanent dipole forces between molecules