1. Which of the following reactions could happen?
- I2 + MgF2 --> F2 + MgI2
- At2 + 2Cl- --> 2At- + Cl2
- Cl2 + 2NaBr --> 2NaCl + Br2
- Br2 + 2KCl --> 2KBr + Cl2
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. Group 1(Represented by X) decomposition of the nitrates is.... (except Li)
- 2XNO3 --> NO2 + XNO2
- 2XNO3 --> 2XNO2 + O2
- 4XNO3 --> 2X2O + 4NO2 + O2
- 2X(NO3)2 --> 2XO + 4NO2 + O2
3. What is the definition of the first ionisation energy?
- The energy required to remove an electron from each atom in one mole of gaseous atoms
- The energy required to form an ion from one mole of atoms under standard conditions (100kPa and 298k)
- The energy required to remove an electron from an atom
- The energy required for one mole of atoms to attract one electron each in the gaseous state
4. What does Mg form on reaction with steam?
- MgOH + H2
- MgO (s) + H2 (g)
- It doesn't react as it is the least reactive of the group.
5. What's a common test for the Hydrogen Halides?
- Reacts with ammonia gas to form a dense white smoke of ammonium halide
- Turns Fehling's solution red
- Turns damp red litmus blue, then beaches it white
- Form a white precipitate of Barium Halide when Barium Nitrate is added to a solution