1. How does chlorine react with COLD AQUEOUS alkali?
- Cl2 + H2O --> HCl + HClO
- Cl2 + 2NaOH --> 2NaCl + H2O
- Cl2 + 2NaOH --> NaCl + NaClO + H2O
- 3Cl2 + 6NaOH --> 5NaCl + NaClO3 + 3H2O
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. When NaBr reacts with H2SO4, which of these is not a possible product?
3. What is the definition of the first ionisation energy?
- The energy required to form an ion from one mole of atoms under standard conditions (100kPa and 298k)
- The energy required to remove an electron from an atom
- The energy required to remove an electron from each atom in one mole of gaseous atoms
- The energy required for one mole of atoms to attract one electron each in the gaseous state
4. What would you expect to observe when NaI reacts with H2SO4 ?
- Brown fumes /orange liquid ; Choking gas
- White crystalline solid of NaSO4 , Purple fumes of I2 , A gas that would relight a splint (O2) and dense white fumes of HI
- Misty fumes of HI ; Purple fumes/black solid of I2 ; Choking gas of SO2 ; Yellow solid of S ; Eggy gas of H2S
- Misty fumes of HI and the residue of NaHSO4 only - it is the poorest recuder
5. Which is the most electronegative element of Group 7?