1. What is the main interaction that determines the boiling point of the halogens?
- Covalent bonds within molecules
- London forces between molecules
- Hydrogen bonds between molecules
- Permanent dipole forces between molecules
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. Caesium's flame colour is __(a)___ , Rubidium's is __(b)__ and Magnesium's is __(c)__
- (a) Apple green (b) Lilac (c) No colour
- (a) Blue/Violet (b) Red/Purple (c) No colour
- (a)Red (b) Yellow (c) Green
- (a)Orange (b) Brick Red (c) White
3. What is the trend in ionisation energy down group 2?
- It increases up to Calcium then drops sharply
- It decreases due to the replusion and number of quantum shells increasing
- It decreases due to the size of the metallic radius decreasing
- It increases due to the increased nuclear charge
4. What's a common test for the Hydrogen Halides?
- Reacts with ammonia gas to form a dense white smoke of ammonium halide
- Turns damp red litmus blue, then beaches it white
- Form a white precipitate of Barium Halide when Barium Nitrate is added to a solution
- Turns Fehling's solution red
5. When NaBr reacts with H2SO4, which of these is not a possible product?