- Created by: LouiseG
- Created on: 16-04-16 11:42
1. What is a pi-bond?
- The end on overlap of two s-orbitals
- The sideways overlap of two p-orbitals
- The end on overlap of two p-orbitals
- The stronger bond in a double bond, with electron density trapped between nuclei
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these molecules doesn't have a dative bond?
3. Which of these molecules doesn't have H bonds?
4. Which of these is not a property of ionic compounds?
- Often soluble in water
- Conduct when solid
- High melting points
5. In order for a substance to dissolve...
- ...the attractions formed between the solute and solvent need to be stronger than the original bonds
- ... a compound with a different type of bonding must be used
- ...the solute-solute bonds need to be stronger than the solvent-solvent bonds
- ...polar compounds should be used as the solvent