1. Which of these phrases is correct?
- A molecule can have polar bonds and not have an overall polarity
- All molecules with polar bonds have permanent dipoles
- CO2 is a polar molecule
- A molecule whose dipoles reinforce each other must be symmetrical.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What causes ice to be less dense than liquid water?
- There are no intermolecular interactions between molecules as solids so the molecules drift apart
- Molecules vibrate more when cold and thus move apart, making the solid less dense
- Hydrogen bonds between molecules in ice create an open and spaced "cage" structure, which breaks down on melting
- Molecules pack more efficiently in the water liquid due to strong hydrogen bonds pulling molecules together at 180o of each other
3. Which of these molecules does not have 8 electrons around the central atom?
4. Which of these interactions is weakest?
- Covalent bond
- Hydrogen bonds
- Permanent dipole
- London Forces/induced dipoles
5. If a molecule has two bonded and two lone pairs; it's ...
- got a bond angle of 109.5
- trigonal bipyramidal