1. Which of these molecules doesn't have H bonds?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What causes ice to be less dense than liquid water?
- There are no intermolecular interactions between molecules as solids so the molecules drift apart
- Molecules vibrate more when cold and thus move apart, making the solid less dense
- Hydrogen bonds between molecules in ice create an open and spaced "cage" structure, which breaks down on melting
- Molecules pack more efficiently in the water liquid due to strong hydrogen bonds pulling molecules together at 180o of each other
3. What is a dative covalent bond?
- A bond formed from the overlap of an empty orbital and a lone pair
- A bond where one atom donates 3 electrons
- A bond with a large difference in electronegativity between the two atoms
- A bond vunerable to nucelophilic attack
4. It doesn't conduct when solid, it has a high melting point, it is...
- a giant ionic OR giant covalent structure
- a simple molecular structure
- a metallic structure
- an ionic lattice
5. Which of these is not a property of ionic compounds?
- High melting points
- Often soluble in water
- Conduct when solid