1. Which of these molecules doesn't have a dative bond?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a dative covalent bond?
- A bond formed from the overlap of an empty orbital and a lone pair
- A bond with a large difference in electronegativity between the two atoms
- A bond vunerable to nucelophilic attack
- A bond where one atom donates 3 electrons
3. If a molecule has two bonded and two lone pairs; it's ...
- trigonal bipyramidal
- got a bond angle of 109.5
4. Which of these has the lowest boiling point?
5. What causes ice to be less dense than liquid water?
- Hydrogen bonds between molecules in ice create an open and spaced "cage" structure, which breaks down on melting
- Molecules vibrate more when cold and thus move apart, making the solid less dense
- Molecules pack more efficiently in the water liquid due to strong hydrogen bonds pulling molecules together at 180o of each other
- There are no intermolecular interactions between molecules as solids so the molecules drift apart