1. Which one of the following is not a giant covalent lattice?
- Potassium Iodide
- Silicon (IV) oxide
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a dative covalent bond?
- A bond formed from the overlap of an empty orbital and a lone pair
- A bond where one atom donates 3 electrons
- A bond with a large difference in electronegativity between the two atoms
- A bond vunerable to nucelophilic attack
3. Which of these is not made up of carbon only/ is not a carbon allotrope?
4. If a molecule has two bonded and two lone pairs; it's ...
- trigonal bipyramidal
- got a bond angle of 109.5
5. Which of these is incorrect?
- An arrow can be used to indicate a net drift of electrons towards the less electronegative species in a molecule
- An arrow can be used instead of a bond line to show a dative bond
- An arrow can be used instead of a bond line to show a polar bond
- An arrow can be shown in a bond pointing towards an atom with an empty orbital