1. O-16 and O-18 atoms are isotopes. Which is correct?
- They have different numbers of neutrons
- They have different electron configurations
- They have different atomic numbers
- They have the structure 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p4
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the relative mass of an electron?
3. What is the trend in melting point across period 3?
- It decreases across the group
- It increases 1-4, then drops for G5 before before increasing again between G6 and G7
- It increases 1-3; then sharply peaks for G4 before dropping again
- It increases across the group
4. What is the electron structure of Cr? (24 electrons)?
- 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 3d6
- 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 4s2 4p4
- 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 3d5 4s1
- 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 3d4 4s2
5. How many electrons can fit on the 2nd quantum shell? Which orbitals does it contain?
- 8 ; the s (1x2) and p (3x2) orbitals
- 10; the s (1x2) and p (2x4) orbitals
- 18; the s (1x2) p (3X2) and d (5x2) orbitals
- 6; the p(3x2) orbitals