1. How many electrons can fit on the 2nd quantum shell? Which orbitals does it contain?
- 10; the s (1x2) and p (2x4) orbitals
- 8 ; the s (1x2) and p (3x2) orbitals
- 6; the p(3x2) orbitals
- 18; the s (1x2) p (3X2) and d (5x2) orbitals
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. What shape is an s-orbital?
3. What block is Ga in?
4. What is the relative mass of an electron?
5. How do you work out the Molecular mass of a monoatomic element from it's mass spectrum?
- Multiply each M/Z ratio by the abundance / %intensity and divide by the total abundance / 100 if it's a %
- Add up the atomic masses of each isotope
- Use the most abundant peak
- Use the middle peak's m/z value