1. What is the electron structure of Cr? (24 electrons)?
- 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 3d6
- 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 3d5 4s1
- 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 3d4 4s2
- 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 4s2 4p4
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the relative atomic mass?
- The sum of the protons and neutrons in the nucleus
- The weighted mean mass of an atom of an element compared to 1/12 the mass of a c-12 atom
- The mass of an atom of an element compared to C-12
- The mass of an isotope compared to 1/12 the mass of the C-12 isotope
3. These are the successive ionsations of Mg. What could A be? 738 ; 1451 ; A ; 10543 ; 13630
4. O-16 and O-18 atoms are isotopes. Which is correct?
- They have the structure 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p4
- They have different numbers of neutrons
- They have different atomic numbers
- They have different electron configurations
5. What is the trend in ionisation energy down a group?
- It varies (proton and repulsion effect depends on the element)
- It decreases (more quantum shells)
- It increases (more protons)
- It increases up to the fourth element then decreases