1. What group is this element in, if these are successive ionisation energies: 578 1817 2744 11577 14842
- Group 4
- Group 2
- Group 3
- Group 1
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is trend in atomic radius across a period?
- It increases up to the covalent macromolecules, then decreases
- It increases (larger nucleus)
- It decreases (more protons)
- It increases (more electrons)
3. What is the relative atomic mass?
- The weighted mean mass of an atom of an element compared to 1/12 the mass of a c-12 atom
- The mass of an isotope compared to 1/12 the mass of the C-12 isotope
- The mass of an atom of an element compared to C-12
- The sum of the protons and neutrons in the nucleus
4. What is the relative mass of an electron?
5. What is the trend in ionisation energy down a group?
- It varies (proton and repulsion effect depends on the element)
- It decreases (more quantum shells)
- It increases (more protons)
- It increases up to the fourth element then decreases