1. What is trend in atomic radius across a period?
- It increases up to the covalent macromolecules, then decreases
- It decreases (more protons)
- It increases (more electrons)
- It increases (larger nucleus)
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the electron structure of Cr? (24 electrons)?
- 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 3d6
- 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 3d5 4s1
- 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 3d4 4s2
- 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 4s2 4p4
3. What is the Pauli Exclusion Principle?
- Electrons fill up shells from the lowest energy level first
- Electron repulsion is minimised in lone pairs
- Electrons occupy orbitals singly before pairing up
- Two identical fermions occupy the same quantum state simultaneously.
4. How many electrons can fit on the 2nd quantum shell? Which orbitals does it contain?
- 8 ; the s (1x2) and p (3x2) orbitals
- 10; the s (1x2) and p (2x4) orbitals
- 18; the s (1x2) p (3X2) and d (5x2) orbitals
- 6; the p(3x2) orbitals
5. O-16 and O-18 atoms are isotopes. Which is correct?
- They have different atomic numbers
- They have the structure 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p4
- They have different numbers of neutrons
- They have different electron configurations