1. What is the trend in melting point across period 3?
- It increases 1-3; then sharply peaks for G4 before dropping again
- It increases 1-4, then drops for G5 before before increasing again between G6 and G7
- It increases across the group
- It decreases across the group
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the Pauli Exclusion Principle?
- Electrons occupy orbitals singly before pairing up
- Two identical fermions occupy the same quantum state simultaneously.
- Electrons fill up shells from the lowest energy level first
- Electron repulsion is minimised in lone pairs
3. What shape is an s-orbital?
4. These are the successive ionsations of Mg. What could A be? 738 ; 1451 ; A ; 10543 ; 13630
5. What group is this element in, if these are successive ionisation energies: 578 1817 2744 11577 14842
- Group 3
- Group 4
- Group 2
- Group 1