1. What is the relative mass of an electron?
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. O-16 and O-18 atoms are isotopes. Which is correct?
- They have different numbers of neutrons
- They have different electron configurations
- They have different atomic numbers
- They have the structure 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p4
3. What group is this element in, if these are successive ionisation energies: 578 1817 2744 11577 14842
- Group 1
- Group 3
- Group 2
- Group 4
4. Why are Nitrogen and Oxygen anomalies in first ionisation energy?
- Oxygen should be higher than Nitrogen, however it is lower as it has more repulsion due to the paired outer electrons in the 2Px orbital
- Oxygen should be higher than Nitrogen, however it is lower due to the fact the outer electron is being taken from a p orbital rather than an s (further from the nucleus)
- Oxygen should be lower than Nitrogen, however it's nuclear charge overrides the added electron replusion
- Oxygen should be lower than Nitrogen however as it is a better reducing agent it cannot loose electrons as easily
5. What is the trend in melting point across period 3?
- It decreases across the group
- It increases 1-3; then sharply peaks for G4 before dropping again
- It increases across the group
- It increases 1-4, then drops for G5 before before increasing again between G6 and G7