1. What is the electron structure of Cr? (24 electrons)?
- 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 3d5 4s1
- 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 3d4 4s2
- 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 3d6
- 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 4s2 4p4
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why are Nitrogen and Oxygen anomalies in first ionisation energy?
- Oxygen should be higher than Nitrogen, however it is lower as it has more repulsion due to the paired outer electrons in the 2Px orbital
- Oxygen should be higher than Nitrogen, however it is lower due to the fact the outer electron is being taken from a p orbital rather than an s (further from the nucleus)
- Oxygen should be lower than Nitrogen, however it's nuclear charge overrides the added electron replusion
- Oxygen should be lower than Nitrogen however as it is a better reducing agent it cannot loose electrons as easily
3. Which group of elements have the highest first ionisation energy?
- Group 5
- Group 8
- Group 1
- Group 7
4. What is the relative mass of an electron?
5. What is trend in atomic radius across a period?
- It increases (larger nucleus)
- It increases (more electrons)
- It decreases (more protons)
- It increases up to the covalent macromolecules, then decreases