1. What shape is an s-orbital?
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. What block is Ga in?
3. What is the electron structure of Cr? (24 electrons)?
- 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 3d6
- 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 3d5 4s1
- 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 3d4 4s2
- 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 4s2 4p4
4. O-16 and O-18 atoms are isotopes. Which is correct?
- They have different atomic numbers
- They have different numbers of neutrons
- They have different electron configurations
- They have the structure 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p4
5. What is the trend in ionisation energy down a group?
- It decreases (more quantum shells)
- It increases (more protons)
- It varies (proton and repulsion effect depends on the element)
- It increases up to the fourth element then decreases