1. What is reception theory?
- how well the advert appears in print
- how the audience interprets the message
- how the advert creates messages
- how the audience creates messages for the company
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. The advert has words such as, whitest, cleanest, etc. What are these called?
3. Which of these is NOT a reading position of Stuart Hall's Reception Theory?
- Negotiated/ Questioning Position
- Submissive Position
- Dominant/ Preferred Position
- Oppositional Position
4. Why is the woman dressed in the same style as the period movie stars?
- So the audience buy the product to be like the women in the advert
- Because that was the only models they had
- So the company could appear on trend
- In order to make the product appeal to men
5. Who created the Reception Theory?
- George Gerbner
- Roland Barthes
- Stuart Hall
- Claude Levi-Strauss