- Created by: beacameron
- Created on: 30-04-18 09:49
1. Who created the Reception Theory?
- Claude Levi-Strauss
- Stuart Hall
- Roland Barthes
- George Gerbner
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is reception theory?
- how well the advert appears in print
- how the audience creates messages for the company
- how the audience interprets the message
- how the advert creates messages
3. Why was there an increased focus on brands and their unique selling points?
- So customers have choice
- So corporations could get more money by selling a product to different audiences
- As it was increasingly popular in the 50s for supermarkets to stock a range of products
- Because sales were really low
4. Why is the woman dressed in the same style as the period movie stars?
- In order to make the product appeal to men
- Because that was the only models they had
- So the audience buy the product to be like the women in the advert
- So the company could appear on trend
5. Why was the target audience aimed at lower-middle class women in the 1950s?
- To appeal to their need for social acceptance by having clean clothes
- To appeal to their supposed need for innovative domestic technologies
- To appeal to their supposed need of a secure family dynamic
- To appeal to their need for a cheaper price