1. Which of these is NOT a reading position of Stuart Hall's Reception Theory?
- Negotiated/ Questioning Position
- Oppositional Position
- Submissive Position
- Dominant/ Preferred Position
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is reception theory?
- how well the advert appears in print
- how the audience interprets the message
- how the advert creates messages
- how the audience creates messages for the company
3. Why was there an increased focus on brands and their unique selling points?
- As it was increasingly popular in the 50s for supermarkets to stock a range of products
- So customers have choice
- So corporations could get more money by selling a product to different audiences
- Because sales were really low
4. Why is the woman dressed in the same style as the period movie stars?
- In order to make the product appeal to men
- So the audience buy the product to be like the women in the advert
- So the company could appear on trend
- Because that was the only models they had
5. Why was the target audience aimed at lower-middle class women in the 1950s?
- To appeal to their supposed need for innovative domestic technologies
- To appeal to their need for social acceptance by having clean clothes
- To appeal to their need for a cheaper price
- To appeal to their supposed need of a secure family dynamic