1. What is the name of the cell surface membrane that surrounds muscle fibres?
- Intercalated disc
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. '____________' increases the heart's rate of contraction.
- Thin actin
- Sympathetic stimulation
- Atrial muscle
- Parasympathetic stimulation
3. Which of these is NOT a type of muscle?
4. What is the action of smooth muscle in the iris?
- Protects the eye from debris
- Makes the eye smooth to the touch
- Controlling the intensity of light entering the eye
- Helps you to see better
5. What does 'involuntary muscle' mean?
- A muscle that leads to the movement of the skeleton at the joints.
- A muscle that is not under concious (voluntary) control.
- A muscle that did not volunteer to be a muscle and is quite frankly upset that it is a muscle.
- A muscle that is damaged and involuntarily spasms.