1. When looking at a microscope slide, cardiac muscle looks to be...
- 'Spindle' shaped
- Striated, branched, in rows and with dark areas known intercalated discs.
- Striated and multinucleated
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. In which of these places is smooth muscle NOT found?
- Iris of the eye
- Walls of the intestine
- At the joints of the arm
- Wall of aterioles
3. What is a sarcomere?
- A circular bundle of muscle cells
- The smallest contractile unit of a muscle
- An organelle
- The correct term for a muscle cell
4. What does 'myogenic' mean?
- Able to contract at the speed of light
- Can only be found in the feet
- Able to stimulate a contractions without a nerve impulse
- Only contracts when there is a nerve impulse
5. Which of these is NOT a type of cardiac muscle?
- Specialised excitatory and conductive muscle fibres