1. What is the name of the cell surface membrane that surrounds muscle fibres?
- Intercalated disc
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does 'myogenic' mean?
- Able to stimulate a contractions without a nerve impulse
- Can only be found in the feet
- Only contracts when there is a nerve impulse
- Able to contract at the speed of light
3. In which of these places is smooth muscle NOT found?
- Wall of aterioles
- At the joints of the arm
- Walls of the intestine
- Iris of the eye
4. The sinoatrial node is made of '___________'
- specialised excitatory and conductive fibres
- skeletal muscle
- atrial muscle
- ventricular muscle
5. What does 'involuntary muscle' mean?
- A muscle that leads to the movement of the skeleton at the joints.
- A muscle that is not under concious (voluntary) control.
- A muscle that did not volunteer to be a muscle and is quite frankly upset that it is a muscle.
- A muscle that is damaged and involuntarily spasms.