1. What is the name of the cell surface membrane that surrounds muscle fibres?
- Intercalated disc
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does 'involuntary muscle' mean?
- A muscle that is not under concious (voluntary) control.
- A muscle that is damaged and involuntarily spasms.
- A muscle that did not volunteer to be a muscle and is quite frankly upset that it is a muscle.
- A muscle that leads to the movement of the skeleton at the joints.
3. When looking at a microscope slide, cardiac muscle looks to be...
- 'Spindle' shaped
- Striated, branched, in rows and with dark areas known intercalated discs.
- Striated and multinucleated
4. Which of these is NOT a type of cardiac muscle?
- Specialised excitatory and conductive muscle fibres
5. The sinoatrial node is made of '___________'
- skeletal muscle
- specialised excitatory and conductive fibres
- ventricular muscle
- atrial muscle