1. '____________' increases the heart's rate of contraction.
- Thin actin
- Sympathetic stimulation
- Atrial muscle
- Parasympathetic stimulation
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which two proteins make up the filaments in muscles?
- Haemoglobin and Actin
- Myosin and Actin
- Meat and Flesh
- Collagen and Keratin
3. What does 'involuntary muscle' mean?
- A muscle that leads to the movement of the skeleton at the joints.
- A muscle that is damaged and involuntarily spasms.
- A muscle that is not under concious (voluntary) control.
- A muscle that did not volunteer to be a muscle and is quite frankly upset that it is a muscle.
4. In which of these places is smooth muscle NOT found?
- At the joints of the arm
- Iris of the eye
- Walls of the intestine
- Wall of aterioles
5. What is an 'intercalated disc'?
- Abnormally shaped (disc) nuclei
- Cell membranes in cardiac muscle.
- A thick cardiac muscle fibre.
- Obstructions in the bloodstream.