1. What is a sarcomere?
- A circular bundle of muscle cells
- The correct term for a muscle cell
- The smallest contractile unit of a muscle
- An organelle
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is NOT a type of cardiac muscle?
- Specialised excitatory and conductive muscle fibres
3. What is the name of the cell surface membrane that surrounds muscle fibres?
- Intercalated disc
4. Muscle cells do NOT contain:
- Many Mitochondria
- Extensive Sarcoplasmic Reticulum
5. When looking at a microscope slide, cardiac muscle looks to be...
- Striated, branched, in rows and with dark areas known intercalated discs.
- Striated and multinucleated
- 'Spindle' shaped