1. Which theorist observes chronological/ non-chronological features within children's writing?
- Cathy Barclay
- B.M. Kroll
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. In Britton's theory what does the 'Expressive' feature mean?
- Factual and objective description of events.
- Usually resembles speech, often written with a first person perspective.
- Impersonal style and tone with formal sentence structure.
- Uses rhyme, rhythm, adjectives and similes.
3. Which feature in Britton's theory does using: rhyme, rhythm, adjectives and similes comply with?
4. What is included in Rothery's 'Observation/ Comment' theory?
- Essay style and impersonal tone with formal sentence structure.
- Writer maes observations and follows with an evaluative comment, or mixes with an observation
- More difficult to write, baased on connectionss between ideas.
- Usually chronological sequence of events.
5. Which Category within Rothery's theory does this comply with best: "Usually a chronological sequence of events, written subjectively."
- Observtion/ Comment