1. Which features are focussed on in Britton's theory?
- Conventional, Inventive and Phonetic
- Observation, Recount and Report
- Expressive, Poetic and Transactional
- Preperatory, Consolidation and Differentiation
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. In Rothery's Categories, which decribes the 'Report' funtion?
- Includes features that sign post ideas.
- Factual & objective description of evennts. Usually not chronological.
- Able to spell most words correctly.
- Usually a chronological sequence of events , written subjectively.
3. Which theorist observes chronological/ non-chronological features within children's writing?
- Cathy Barclay
- B.M. Kroll
4. What is included in Rothery's 'Observation/ Comment' theory?
- Essay style and impersonal tone with formal sentence structure.
- Writer maes observations and follows with an evaluative comment, or mixes with an observation
- More difficult to write, baased on connectionss between ideas.
- Usually chronological sequence of events.
5. Which are Rothery's Categories?
- Observation/ Comment, Recount and Conventional Letters
- Recount, Report and Conventional Letters
- Observation/ Comment, Recount and Report
- Observation/ Comment and Expressive