1. Which theorist observes chronological/ non-chronological features within children's writing?
- Cathy Barclay
- B.M. Kroll
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which are Rothery's Categories?
- Observation/ Comment and Expressive
- Observation/ Comment, Recount and Report
- Recount, Report and Conventional Letters
- Observation/ Comment, Recount and Conventional Letters
3. Which feature in Britton's theory does using: rhyme, rhythm, adjectives and similes comply with?
4. Which is the order of Cathy Barclay's 7 Stage Theory?
- 1 - Inventive 2 - Conventional 3 - Scribbling 4 - Mock Letters 5 - Mock Handwriting 6 - Phonetic Spelling 7 - Correct
- 1 - Scribbling 2 - Mock Handwriting 3 - Mock Letters 4 - Conventional Letters 5 - Inventive Spelling 6 - Phonetic Spelling 7 - Correct Spelling
- 1 - Mock Handwriting 2 - Scribbling 3 - Mock Letters 4 - Inventive spelling 5 -Conventional Letters 6 - Phonetic 7 - Correct
- 1 - Scribbling 2 - Mock Letters 3 - Conventional Letters 4 - Mock Handwriting 5 - Phonetic Spelling 6 - Inventive Spelling 7 - Correct
5. In Britton's theory what does the 'Expressive' feature mean?
- Factual and objective description of events.
- Usually resembles speech, often written with a first person perspective.
- Impersonal style and tone with formal sentence structure.
- Uses rhyme, rhythm, adjectives and similes.