1. In Rothery's Categories, which decribes the 'Report' funtion?
- Factual & objective description of evennts. Usually not chronological.
- Usually a chronological sequence of events , written subjectively.
- Able to spell most words correctly.
- Includes features that sign post ideas.
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which features are focussed on in Britton's theory?
- Preperatory, Consolidation and Differentiation
- Expressive, Poetic and Transactional
- Observation, Recount and Report
- Conventional, Inventive and Phonetic
3. What does Cathy Barclay's Mock Handwriting Stage consist of?
- Writing and drawings
- Name written as first word
- Child spells words in their own way
4. In Britton's theory what does the 'Expressive' feature mean?
- Factual and objective description of events.
- Usually resembles speech, often written with a first person perspective.
- Impersonal style and tone with formal sentence structure.
- Uses rhyme, rhythm, adjectives and similes.
5. Which Category within Rothery's theory does this comply with best: "Usually a chronological sequence of events, written subjectively."
- Observtion/ Comment