1. Which features are focussed on in Britton's theory?
- Expressive, Poetic and Transactional
- Conventional, Inventive and Phonetic
- Observation, Recount and Report
- Preperatory, Consolidation and Differentiation
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. In Rothery's Categories, which decribes the 'Report' funtion?
- Includes features that sign post ideas.
- Usually a chronological sequence of events , written subjectively.
- Factual & objective description of evennts. Usually not chronological.
- Able to spell most words correctly.
3. What is Cathy Barclay's 5th stage of children's writing?
- Conventional Letters
- Inventive spelling
- Phonetic Spelling
- Mock Letters
4. Which Category within Rothery's theory does this comply with best: "Usually a chronological sequence of events, written subjectively."
- Observtion/ Comment
5. What is included in Rothery's 'Observation/ Comment' theory?
- Writer maes observations and follows with an evaluative comment, or mixes with an observation
- Essay style and impersonal tone with formal sentence structure.
- Usually chronological sequence of events.
- More difficult to write, baased on connectionss between ideas.