1. How would you address substance in the Opening Paragraph?
- A short set of sentences that reveal the importance of this extract.
- A short set of sentences explaining what happens in this scene.
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is meant by the 'significance' of an extract?
- What key themes are in the play.
- How the extract relates to the key themes of the play.
- How the characters relate to the key themes in the play.
3. What is the play called?
- A View from the Bridge.
- The View from the Bridge.
- A View from A Bridge.
- The View from a Bridge.
4. What should a conclusion do?
- Talk about how you would direct the rest of the play.
- Conclude it.
- Clearly show how the scene relates to the rest of the play or suggests what happens next.
- Repeat what has been said before.
5. What is meant by the 'substance' of an extract?
- How this scene relates exclusively to the rest of the play.
- What the most important events that occur in this scene are, and why
- What happens in the scene and why it is important.