1. How many men was Germany's army reduced to?
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What were the 3 lasting effects of the treaty on Germany?
- It weakened the Weimar republic's popularity, it caused lasting political protest and it destroyed German economy
- The Weimar republic became unpopular, it caused lasting political protest and it allowed the economy to be steadily rebuilt
- The Weimar republic became incredibly popular, the economy steadily grew and the Kaiser was able to return
- Germany was strengthened, the economy steadily improved and foreign affairs flourished
3. What does Dolchstoss mean and how did it apply to the German people?
- Scared of other country's power - The other countries were the deciders on the terms of the treaty, the German people had no say in it, making them very scared about the future
- Glad - The war was finally over and so there was hope that conditions would start improving
- Stabbed in the back - they felt that government had stabbed them in the back, firstly for surrendering despite telling the German people they were winning, and secondly, for signing the treaty
- Alone - they felt that Germany was being kicked out of foreign affairs and so was left isolated.
4. How many German people were lost due to the territorial sanctions imposed on Germany through the treaty?
- 4 million
- 1 million
- 6 million
- 21 million
5. What key areas of Germany were lost due to the treaty?
- Hamburg and Alssace-Lorraine to France, Berlin and Posen to Poland
- Berlin to France, Posen and West Prussia to Poland
- Alsace-Lorraine to France, Posen and West Prussia to Poland
- Posen to France, West Prussia to Poland