1. What does Dolchstoss mean and how did it apply to the German people?
- Glad - The war was finally over and so there was hope that conditions would start improving
- Alone - they felt that Germany was being kicked out of foreign affairs and so was left isolated.
- Stabbed in the back - they felt that government had stabbed them in the back, firstly for surrendering despite telling the German people they were winning, and secondly, for signing the treaty
- Scared of other country's power - The other countries were the deciders on the terms of the treaty, the German people had no say in it, making them very scared about the future
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. When was the treaty signed?
- 28th June 1920
- 22nd June 1918
- 28th June 1919
- 13th May 1919
3. What were the 3 lasting effects of the treaty on Germany?
- It weakened the Weimar republic's popularity, it caused lasting political protest and it destroyed German economy
- The Weimar republic became unpopular, it caused lasting political protest and it allowed the economy to be steadily rebuilt
- The Weimar republic became incredibly popular, the economy steadily grew and the Kaiser was able to return
- Germany was strengthened, the economy steadily improved and foreign affairs flourished
4. What was article 231?
- The territorial sanctions
- The military sanctions
- The war guilt clause
- The reparations sanction
5. How many German people were lost due to the territorial sanctions imposed on Germany through the treaty?
- 4 million
- 6 million
- 21 million
- 1 million