1. How many men was Germany's army reduced to?
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What were the 3 lasting effects of the treaty on Germany?
- The Weimar republic became unpopular, it caused lasting political protest and it allowed the economy to be steadily rebuilt
- The Weimar republic became incredibly popular, the economy steadily grew and the Kaiser was able to return
- It weakened the Weimar republic's popularity, it caused lasting political protest and it destroyed German economy
- Germany was strengthened, the economy steadily improved and foreign affairs flourished
3. How much did Germany have to pay in reparations?
- £1 billion
- £8.8 billion
- £6.6 billion
- £2 billion
4. When was the treaty signed?
- 28th June 1919
- 13th May 1919
- 28th June 1920
- 22nd June 1918
5. What was one reason why this treaty was resented so much by the German people?
- The German government had done it by choice.
- It had been obvious that Germany was not going to win the war, so why hadn't the government been stronger and rejected the treaty of versailles if they had had so long to prepare?
- They had never actually been defeated - when they surrendered the nearest front was 450 km from Berlin. They had also been told throughout the war that they were going to win.
- The Kaiser had spoken to Germany after it was signed about the unfairness of the treaty.