1. What key areas of Germany were lost due to the treaty?
- Alsace-Lorraine to France, Posen and West Prussia to Poland
- Hamburg and Alssace-Lorraine to France, Berlin and Posen to Poland
- Berlin to France, Posen and West Prussia to Poland
- Posen to France, West Prussia to Poland
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does Dolchstoss mean and how did it apply to the German people?
- Stabbed in the back - they felt that government had stabbed them in the back, firstly for surrendering despite telling the German people they were winning, and secondly, for signing the treaty
- Alone - they felt that Germany was being kicked out of foreign affairs and so was left isolated.
- Scared of other country's power - The other countries were the deciders on the terms of the treaty, the German people had no say in it, making them very scared about the future
- Glad - The war was finally over and so there was hope that conditions would start improving
3. What was article 231?
- The territorial sanctions
- The military sanctions
- The war guilt clause
- The reparations sanction
4. How much did Germany have to pay in reparations?
- £8.8 billion
- £2 billion
- £6.6 billion
- £1 billion
5. How many German people were lost due to the territorial sanctions imposed on Germany through the treaty?
- 4 million
- 6 million
- 21 million
- 1 million