1. What happened in the Rhineland in terms of sanctions that were imposed on Germany?
- Allied troops occupied it and it was de-militarised
- It was given to France
- German people were no longer allowed to enter it
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does Dolchstoss mean and how did it apply to the German people?
- Scared of other country's power - The other countries were the deciders on the terms of the treaty, the German people had no say in it, making them very scared about the future
- Stabbed in the back - they felt that government had stabbed them in the back, firstly for surrendering despite telling the German people they were winning, and secondly, for signing the treaty
- Alone - they felt that Germany was being kicked out of foreign affairs and so was left isolated.
- Glad - The war was finally over and so there was hope that conditions would start improving
3. How much land was taken from Germany in the Treaty of Versailles?
- 2,000 sq km
- 32,000 sq km
- 70,000 sq km
- 30,000 sq km
4. How many German people were lost due to the territorial sanctions imposed on Germany through the treaty?
- 21 million
- 6 million
- 1 million
- 4 million
5. When was the treaty signed?
- 22nd June 1918
- 28th June 1919
- 28th June 1920
- 13th May 1919