1. How many German people were lost due to the territorial sanctions imposed on Germany through the treaty?
- 21 million
- 6 million
- 1 million
- 4 million
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many men was Germany's army reduced to?
3. What was one reason why this treaty was resented so much by the German people?
- The Kaiser had spoken to Germany after it was signed about the unfairness of the treaty.
- The German government had done it by choice.
- They had never actually been defeated - when they surrendered the nearest front was 450 km from Berlin. They had also been told throughout the war that they were going to win.
- It had been obvious that Germany was not going to win the war, so why hadn't the government been stronger and rejected the treaty of versailles if they had had so long to prepare?
4. What was article 231?
- The military sanctions
- The war guilt clause
- The territorial sanctions
- The reparations sanction
5. How much did Germany have to pay in reparations?
- £8.8 billion
- £2 billion
- £6.6 billion
- £1 billion