1. Who argued that the world was one of chance and natural selection
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Hume argues further that, if a house and universe are similar, just as we'd blame the builder for a faulty house can we blame a faulty designer.. why does Paley disagree?
- Paley did not dispute this argument, Flew did
- the issue was whether the universe showed design and not quality concerning the design
- a builder cannot be forever responsible for problems as time creates problems, the world began perfect
- this argument would be inconsistent with his rejection of analogy
3. Who put forward the 'aesthetic argument?'
4. Is Hume doubting the belief in God in the teleological argument?
- No, only that it cannot show God exists
- Yes as there are other reasons to explain design
- Yes, there is no God
5. Can Hume's analogy criticism apply to Aquinas?
- No, only Paley
- No but they can on the occasion of his arrow analogy