1. Other than Paley's analogy of the watch what evidence can be used to show support of design?
- Mountain and paws
- Camera and hands/paws
- Eyeball and Fish fins
- Eyeball and mountains
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Mills argument took the basis of that if the world is designed by a loving God?.. (finish sentence)
- why are there imperfections in the world?
- why is nature so cruel?
- why does God not reveal himself?
3. Hume argued similar effects cannot imply similar causes, as we would have to experience the beginning of the universe
4. Is Hume doubting the belief in God in the teleological argument?
- Yes, there is no God
- No, only that it cannot show God exists
- Yes as there are other reasons to explain design
5. What was the issue of using Paley's watch analogy with God?
- Watches are the effects of evolution, over millions of years people were unable to create such, and as skills passed it was learnt and so is not applicable with God
- Effectively, God created watches
- If you do not believe elements of the analogy are comparable, you cannot argue that the causes are similar and the analogy would not work
- We cannot use language to describe God so we cannot describe him with something we can describe