- Created by: Grace Lidgett
- Created on: 08-01-13 19:29
1. Other than Paley's analogy of the watch what evidence can be used to show support of design?
- Mountain and paws
- Eyeball and Fish fins
- Eyeball and mountains
- Camera and hands/paws
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who argued that the world was one of chance and natural selection
3. What was the 'anthropic principle'?
- if the world was due to chance and natural selection then why are there still malfunctions in human life
- such conditions (in reply to evolution) cannot be down to chance
- beauty is existing around the world which cannot be due to natural selection
4. What was the issue of using Paley's watch analogy with God?
- Watches are the effects of evolution, over millions of years people were unable to create such, and as skills passed it was learnt and so is not applicable with God
- Effectively, God created watches
- If you do not believe elements of the analogy are comparable, you cannot argue that the causes are similar and the analogy would not work
- We cannot use language to describe God so we cannot describe him with something we can describe
5. Can Hume's analogy criticism apply to Aquinas?
- No, only Paley
- No but they can on the occasion of his arrow analogy